Thursday 21 January 2021

DaveS : The Chamber of Darkness 40pts

 Painting in greyscale is something that I have thought about a number of times, but have never actually tried before.  I've always considered painting it well to be beyond my abilities, and I've seriously considered just skipping this chamber.

Coinciding with the point where I needed to start painting my next chamber, I realised that I had a copy of A Very British Civil War, and that while idly looking through my FLGS's website, I saw that they had a pack of Warlord Games Partisans.  These figures in predominantly civilian dress would be perfect for a start for my forces for that.

For each of these models, I first found that colours that I wanted the items to be, desaturated them using the PC, and then tried to find a colour that was closest to it from the Vallejo paint range.   It's clear that the app that I used to find colour matches wasn't perfect, but it gave a reasonable way to represent the colours on the models.  So without further ado, here are the models.











Having painted the four models in this style, I'm not sure that I enjoyed it enough to do a whole platoon in this style.  But, for now, they will do, and I may expand on this in the future.

I'm calling this 4x28mm models for 20 points, plus another 20 for the chamber.  I'm also going to offer this set up as my Curtgeld, should anyone want them (I dunno if there are additional points for this or not)

8 comments:

  1. Very nice work on those models, DrDave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the greyscale, it’s quit thematic for partisans acted on in the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hadn't considered that aspect, but you're right....

      Delete
  3. Nice work Dave. Good idea to use greyscales for those that hide in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work and like Peter I thought it was a night time operation!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for trying greyscale, even if you don't do more in the future, you can at least say that you've tried it and didn't enjoy it much.
    The minis do look nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, I'm still to attempt this, top job
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete