Thursday 21 January 2021

From StuartL - Reinforcements for Normandy - 25 Points

Hi all, just a short entry today. Having reached the Altar of the Snow Lord in the Chambers of Challenge, I am in a holding pattern until I can paint up a suitable tribute to satisfy the fickle whims of our frozen overlord. Also, work has been picking up and I have been struggling to settle into a good painting rhythm, so I haven't accomplished much this week.

One of the many games I play is Bolt Action. I enjoy the uncertain nature of the activation mechanic and the rules are simple enough to enjoy a game without needing to constantly look things up. I currently have far, far too many Bolt Action armies and I am constantly finding more minis to add to them. 

One of my forces is a platoon of Commandos for storming the beaches of Normandy on D-Day, and it is for that platoon that I have painted up this small group of extra minis. 


To lead my force, an officer and a couple of assistants.


And to provide some fire support to one of the sections is a Vickers K LMG team.


These minis are all from Warlord Games' Bolt Action range. The officer and the LMG team are metal minis, the two assistants are from the plastic boxed set. 
So 5 quick and easy 28mm minis will add 25 points to my challenge total and will also pop another Squirrel point onto my side duel count.

My running Duels totals:
GW Points - 591
Skullz - 352
Squirrels - 9

8 comments:

  1. Great looking commandoes, Stuart! And yes, I'm still be fickle (and tardy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work. Another project that I discontinued a couple of years ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great looking commandos. Love the shingle beach on the basing.

      Delete
  3. great painting on these commandos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking figures and great basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done Stuart congrats on getting so far through the Chambers
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete