Sunday 10 January 2021

From MichaelD - Renaissance Infantry and a Giant

Even in 2020 I feel like my Challenge doesn't begin until after New Years day. I get prepped and ready but can't find the time to get stuck in during the holidays. So as usual my first drop is in January. 

Also as usual my personal theme is making a dent in the pile of stuff that 'I had to own' but apparently didn't 'have to paint', and this year is the Renaissance edition. First up, I've got these Steel Fist Landschneckt pike and knights, most of which I think I bought during their original Kickstarter. They're beautiful sculptures although like a lot of people I've got into the habit of painting mostly plastics over the past few years. These guys are definitely Full Metal Soldiers. For scoring, it's 27 28mm foot @ 5 pts each.




























Good citizen that I am, I've also completed my prize ante. It's the Frostgrave (defrosted) Frost Giant, complementary pig included. Again, I loved this sculpture and it was a pleasure painting it.






Ok, that's the ice broken now for me!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely looking landsknechts and knights! I've painted the knights and really enjoyed them, you've done a great job on both the landsknechts and knights, the giant (and pig!) is rather good too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the Challenge Mike!

    Steel Fist? You're treating yourself to some lovely castings. These Landknechts really look the business! I really like the varied, vibrant colours as well. The pig with your Frost Giant is a nice addition, giving a sense of scale to the lad. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colourful landsknechts - well done and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work on all those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post and always great to see Landsknechts painted ! Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, really love those Steel Fist sculpts. The giant is the business as well complete wit( bacon butty on the hoof.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the Landsknechts, they look very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Mike, love my Italian Wars and these are great, Steel Fist are great minis.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete