Sunday 10 January 2021

From GeorgeS - Sniper in the Moonlight - 30 points

       Wow! Never thought that this would take me so much time! This is my first ever try in greyscale , or to try painting something in the dark and thank you to give me that opportunity :) This guy took me a bit more than the normal colouring and the blending and layering was a bit tricky!

      So, here we have another Airfix 1:32 scale figure, from " British Paratroopers" set.

     The Sniper!

    I've painted this figure using the original colours ,as I would do with the normal figure but mixing all of them with heavy amounts of dark or light grey( sometimes black or white). I wanted to give the feeling of light from above by the moonlight. So a small idea of the original colour should be visible. 
   I don't know if that is well depicted in pictures. Hope you like him :)






     So , I believe this will take me out of the Chamber Of Darkness and I score 30 points for it.
 
 'Till next time

Keep Up The Brushes!!


20 comments:

  1. Very effective George, nice idea to mix in the original colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite grayscale figure so far - graying the original colours works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that figure takes me back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..deep in to our childhood battle scenes! I have lost many of them while playing and hiding them in the most unbelievable places :)

      Delete
  4. Really effective figure, love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some very clever painting here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely superb - well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Without doubt the best I have ever seen that figure painted, top job 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great, but I'm not sure about realism... I'm not expert about lights or greyscale (yet to enter that Chamber), but I would think that those areas, which are in the shadow (like under arms or knees) should be very dark and not any color there. But I might be wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean, but if I should follow realism 100% , the result would be a totally dark figure with only the upper parts painted grey-white tones.But there is the artistic part also.
      Let's assume that it is a full moon night and so the dark is not so deep :)
      Cheers
      George.

      Delete