Sunday 10 January 2021

BruceR "The Men Who Would be Kings" 15mm married Zulus 20 x 2 = 40 pts

 A friend and I played a Zulu game in 15mm at GenCon over 20 years ago.  We both enjoyed it and as we do he purchased a load of figures to do a game.  Problem is we only played when we met at GenCon each year as we lived over 800 miles apart.  He recently retired and moved back to my area and we now game regularly together.  He brought up his desire to still play the Zulu theme and I of course now dipped a toe in the water.  It may grow, but we (at least me)  are going to start with a skirmish style game such as The Man Who Would Be King (one of my favorite movies).  "Peachy"!  I might have gone 6mm, but as my friend already had the 15mm I went down this alley.

Back at work, but pandemic careful when not at work so painting time is up.  The AHPC has really got me clearing some piles.  Not that I don't have more coming in as that is truly the curse or benefit of this hobby.  

The figures are 15mm Blue Moon Manufacturing distributed by Old Glory Corp.  The figures are great and one thing I had not noticed until putting them together was the shields have a spur to put into a hole in the figures arm to hold the shield.  Works great.  They are 15mm so I have given them the 3' rule paint job.  I did paint 12 British earlier in 2020 as a start.  Theses are my first Zulus.  


Married group of warriors.






The empire builders painted early last year.  Probably need another 2 units of Zulus for balance.


Well at 20 x 2 = 40 pts

Enjoy

BruceR

11 comments:

  1. Very nice Bruce. I like your backstory with your friend retiring and moving closer to you. What a bonus! At looking at the pictures I first thought they were 28s! I particularly like the shields. Are you doing up the other two units this Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. I may do the others. I have a number of other figures lined up in different periods. I’m hopping getting these done will enthuse my buddy to get going. Ha. We will see.
      BruceR

      Delete
  2. Nice looking Zulu fighters! I like the shields!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe these are 15s! Nice brushwork, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous work on the Zulus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking Zulus. Love the story of your friend relocating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Zulus, thousands of em" "20, Sir, there's 20" 😄 nice job
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete