Sunday 10 January 2021

Rom JeremyM: Aliens for Pit of the Pendulum

 Hi all,

So one of my goals during this year's challenge was to start painting my collection of aliens minis, so expect to see a few crop up as I shoehorn them into the various theme rooms of the chambers. When thinking of the impending doom of a slowly descending pendulum-blade, I decided to go try something with facehuggers. 


Here are a 4 different astronaut 28mm 3d prints, as well as 2 scared civilians. All but 4 also have a 3d printed 28mm scale facehugger added. It was another attempt to kitbash some 3d prints from thingiverse. I still have a lot to learn on this front, as I've only just started 3D editing, but I'm still pretty happy with them. And since getting a 3D printer at the start of the pandemic I've been printing like a madman only to realize you still need to paint what you print. Thank God for things like the painting challenge to motivate us!

Here is a dead astronaut alongside a second copy of the same 3d print this time with a desiccated facehugger lying beside him...hmmm wonder what will happen there? 


Here are two more astronauts this time running scarred. I posed the copy of the 'scarred astronaut' lying down with a facehugger looming over him. While these spacesuits aren't exactly like the ones in the Alien film I still like them, and tried to paint them using a few different colours, somewhat similar to how the suits in the film had different colours. That being said the white and yellow suits were my favourite by far, but variety is the spice of life.


And finally here are two scarred civilians that I added facehuggers to. The green shirted fellow is actually trying to push the facehugger back with his hand its just rather hard to see with the horrible spidery thing attacking him. The Woman lying down is clutching her stomach in fear as another crawls toward her. I made a couple other copies of these two for use in other scenes later in the challenge.

So that is it from me for this room...rrr wait now that I look at them guess I'll have to go paint the lip of each base black, guess they aren't 100% more like 99.5. So I have 6 28mm figures and the points for the room for 50 points. Now where to next?




10 comments:

  1. These are brilliant Jeremy! I like that you reposed some of the figures and added facehuggers (eww!) Now you need to do one of these with and exploded chest (he claps his hands in juvenile glee!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great. In fact, probably tag quite a few chambers with those figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! Have you got a link to an .stl for the facehuggers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barks, I just searched yegi for facehuggers, and then found some options but pretty much all had to be scaled down considerably. I think this is the one I used and scalled it down to fit 28mm it ended up rather thin in spots but still printed okay just need to remove supports very carefully https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:418352

      Delete
  4. Lovely work and smart use of the aliens line for the chamber!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic. I do hope for some "John Hurt post gestation" figures soon....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on the 3D scuttling and painting Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always found the face-huggers quite revolting and the scariest part of the franchise for some reason. Well done on the kitbashes, they definitely look the part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's really something different. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic, amazing work on the prints and the painting, top marks.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete