Wednesday 5 January 2022

From EdwardG - 15mm Medieval Men With Sharp Pointy Things (72 Points)

Evening all,

Happy to say I have managed to complete some further miniatures by this weeks' deadline. The challenge is really zipping along at pace and I must admit I am already starting to worry about my grand plans and trays of undercoated minis! :D

However, on to the minis that I have for today. 

These are 12 elements of in DBM speak Blade (X) or possibly (F). Which for other medieval rules means are chaps with choppy bladed weapons who are either good against knights, or move in a faster more open formation. My original idea was to represent Germans or Bohemians with them. But really they are any generic medieval bloke with a pointy stick in north western Europe. 

Oddly for freshly painted troops these minis have already had their first battle. I had a spontaneous game with a friend over the Christmas holidays and these troops were fielded as Danes (without finished bases!) As is the proper way of things for freshly painted troops, they were quickly beaten and destroyed! 

The minis themselves come from Museum miniatures, and while they are nice sculpts, they are on the large side for 15mm and sadly don't mix very well with my other medieval minis. However, I am still happy to use them as on the table as their own unit.

The side that faces the opponent, with all the sharp spikey parts that remain sharp and spikey until I roll a 1, after which the men realise they visited the LARP armoury rather than a real one before leaving camp that morning...

The player's view, with all the nicely painted helmets to brighten up your(my) day, or the day of the opponent as he watches them run away...

And a side view for good measure...I think someone has just opened the bar on the left flank...

That wraps up my entry for this week. Not a massive points bomb, but another small climb higher towards the points goal peak. 

As for points I calculate:

36 15mm foot minis x 2pts = 72 pts

Thanks all and catch you next week!

Best,
Ed 

***

Hello Ed - thanks for this submission. I appreciated your reference to "DBM-speak", as I have no earthly idea how that game works, even though so many hobby folks play it and clearly enjoy it! These fellows equipped with "sharp pointy things" look the business, and I'm sure they will serve well in DBA/DBM or whichever other rules call them to be deployed in honourable toy-soldier service on the gaming table! 72 points for you. 

Greg

14 comments:

  1. That's some fine work Ed (love the painted helms). As soon as anyone mention any DBx system my eyes inadvertently roll to the back of my head (too rock, scissors, paper for me), so bless you for offering these poor lads as sacrificial (X) or possibly (F) meat for the mill. Now, let's see some more undercoated minis get some Ed-Attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know anything about DBM, but your painting is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bunch of blades Ed, like these guys a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the comments! It's a great inspiration to get on and paint more toy soldiers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking medieval pointy stick types!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see some 15mm Medieval troops, nice job 👏

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great and colourful bunch Ed, keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice wielders of very sharpy things!

    ReplyDelete