Sunday 27 February 2022

From DaveD: WWII 15mm US Soft skins and bits (212 points)

While I was at the WW2 Normandy terrain I dug out the 15mm soft skin stuff to add to the US forces .Mostly battlefront resin items, and a few 3d printed options

 

 

6 trucks- 2 are 3d printed Studebakers from BPM, the others are from Battlefront 

two jeeps - two trailers - two m32 cargo carriers 3D printed from BPM  bit ropey but they are from the where the hell do I get these from stable. 

4 3/4 ton trucks - 4 drivers - 6 crew , two guns - all from battlefront


2 DUKWs , 2 drivers , 14 full figure passengers - plus two separate interchangeable cargo loads - (2 points)

so :-

Vehicles = 18 = 144
Guns/Trailers = 6 = 24
drivers - 10 = 10
full figures - 16 = 32
cargo load - 2 points = 2 

total 212

_______________________________

Geez Dave, even with taking a week off to game you still managed to get a load of minis done for us to enjoy. Great stuff! These are rather excellent. We often get caught up with the sharp end of our miniature armies, focusing on the tanks and assault infantry, and frequently forget the long, long trail that is is needed to keep them moving forward. I particularly like the Studebakers and have always been fond of the awkward and wacky looking DUKWs. 

Lovely work Dave!

- Curt

11 comments:

  1. Nice set of vehicles, Dave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a great convoy of US army transport Dave. Like Curt I always enjoy a DUKW,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha .. I might actually be in a painting groove having recovered a lot from skydiving injuries .. now how many points can I get to my target before this lot ends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - for having been gone gaming a week, you’d never know it! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great - I love seeing a line of trucks/softskins- the whole set up looks great, well painted minis - and I think I can spot a Tiger - yes a Tiger Terrain Ruined building if I'm not mistaken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, Dave! I like your painting and your composition on the photos as well. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. crikey, they are awesome Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good looking group Dave - I'm sure we'll find a use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are churning these out. Good work.

    ReplyDelete