Tuesday 2 January 2024

From IanS: New Acquisitions, 15mm Sassanid Persian Heavy Horse Archers (68pts)

Dear All 

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas and a Happy new year.  For the first time I did not receive any figures or wargaming related presents.  Power tools instead never mind.

First post of the new challenge, this is my fourth time in this prestigious event and the first time I will be attempting the actual challenge within the challenge.

So my submission is for the section New acquisition and is a unit of heavy cavalry archers for my Sassanid Persian army in 15mm.  The club I am a member off has its own ancient rules written by a member and they recently changed the points system for the armies which means I need more units for all my ancient armies (did drop a hint to family will need larger club next year).  

My Sassanid army is all from Lancashire Games but unfortunately they have just retired this range, so these figures are from Museum Miniatures nice clean sculpts with a lot of hidden detail which contrast paints bring them to life.  I am tempted to get some more of these especially as they have a sale on.


Sassanid Heavy Horse archers on the move







Points being claimed:

12 x 15mm Cavalry at 4 pts each - 48pts

New Acquisition section submission  - 20pts

Total - 68 pts 


I really like those vibrant colours, Ian! The Sassanids always speak to the imagination (to mine at least) and these look splendid! You seem to have found a good alternative for your Lancashire Games figures as these Museum Miniatures definitely look the part. Also, it always pleases me to see the trusted 15mm figures getting some love. Good job! That's 68 well-deserved points on the board.

25 comments:

  1. Nice looking super heavies. Lots of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Ian - as noted by the minion, Sassanids always spark the hobby imagination, and these are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately they are slightly smaller than the Lancashire games figures and i had already converted them to carry lance. Infantry for sassanids are very drab but the cavalry you can run riot with colours.

      Delete
  3. Very bright and colourful minis, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent stuff! I love me some Sassanids!😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Sassanids, Ian! Love the vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Ian. The cloth texture in the caparisons looks really nice and I admire your productivity as I struggle with my first foray into 15mm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic looking 15 mm unit. Great detail for a smaller scale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snazzy! A riot of colour and looking great

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colours, looking good Ian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work, love the colourful paint scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very vibrant scheme Ian. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great colourful bunch, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely detailing on these ancients. Well done!

    ReplyDelete