Monday 11 March 2024

From Iain W: 28mm Austrian Napoleonic Infantry (485 points)

Here are four battalions ( of twenty four figures) of Austrian infantry in mostly Perry plastics with some additional Foundry and unknown metal command figures with added Victrix heads on 45mm x 45mm x 2mm bases from Warbases. They are in pink facings Ferdinad Von Wurttemberg  38 Walloon, in yellow facings Josaias Coburg Moravian 22 , in dark green facings Baron Freilich 28 and in deep red facings d'Aspre Bohemian 18 , all at Wagram 1809 in their neoclassical helmets, two units have the first battalions  white Colonels colour and the  others have the yellow national  colour. The colourful facings are one of the best bits about the Austrian line infantry, painted in GW contrast paint (apothecary white, thank you Mr Bromley!) Liquatex burnt umber and black acrylic ink and various citadel ,vallejo and miniature paints I got from orcs nest in seven dials in London when they used to stock them. The aim this year is to paint 400 Napoleonic figures plus Romans and anything else that takes my fancy but this is almost a quarter of that target, I've got another ninety six Napoleonic figures partially completed, I've taken to painting these already based as it saves a bit of time  ( every little helps!) and means I concentrate a bit more on the front figure, which also helps time wise. With the Austrians the flagpoles are always fun with their stripes to add a little colour to a rather restrained Napoleonic uniform. I do like them, which is good as I still have hundreds left! 






















Google has managed to mix the order but you get the idea! 

We have 96 x 28mm @ 5 points each which should get me 480 points towards my total and  the Napoleonic duel and take me past the target Curt set for me so I can relax, on the second painting tray I've got some late Romans that I need to finish at least one unit of  before the end of the challenge, just to keep Peter happy! 

All the best

 Iain 

Sylvain: I'm always pleased to see point bombs from the Monday Crew. These Austrian infantrymen are superb. Somehow, the yellow trims provides some nice highlights. Congratulations on going beyond your set target, that's what the Challenge is for :-). I have added 5 points for the flags.

 

33 comments:

  1. Excellent bomb. They look fabulous all set out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that's a fine body of Germans ready to almost beat the French!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, the dreaded white uniforms have come out really well

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a big output, but I wonder if you didn't get blind with so many white. Excellent painting work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Iain -- what's not to like about pink cuffs and the flags are super

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iain I think Austrians always look better than their reputation - these are very pleasing especially the crested helmets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, I do like the helmet over the shako!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. Blimey Iain, that is a lot of Naps. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boom that’s a lot of whitecoats Iain. Lovely work and they look great all lined up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look good when there's lots of them don't they?
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. Wow, fantastic stuff Iain, they look great! Congrats on this nice Hapsburg points bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, Hapsburg points bomb has a nice ring!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  10. Bombs away huh! Good looking Austrians, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful napoleonic points bomb. Congrats on surviving so much white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting used/conditioned to it!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  12. Wow fabulous Iain

    Great looking brigade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy smokes, look at all those Austrians! (And they're not even running... yet.) Fabulous work Iain. I know you worked like a Trojan to get these done and across the line. Terrific work young man! Now go have a beer and sausage in celebration (in leather shorts if you can manage it). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Curt, I'll pass on the leather shorts,if you dont mind!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  14. Wow these figures just look amazing and what a wonderful mass posting they look just great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, it does help that there is a lot of them!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  15. Very nice. I am glad I finished my Austrian Army years ago. Painting all that white! Excellent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm getting into the swing of it now!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  16. Blimey Iain, that's a lot of white uniforms, you must be snowblind by now. But your painting is excellent as always mate!

    ReplyDelete