Tuesday 10 February 2015

From AaronH - 28mm Dwarfs (55 Points)

This entry is the rest of the army from last week.  These are the eleven models that I wasn't able to prime until right before the weekend.

Eleven Dwarfs.
These are all metal sculpts, more Khazad Guard and Iron Guard, along with a single captain.


The Captain is a very nice sculpt.  At times it can be hard to tell the leaders from the rank and file but this model is unique in the army.

The beaten bronze shield.
His shield looks like beaten copper or brass to me.  I went with a simple Dwarf Bronze and Devlan Mud wash.

He has a unique helmet as well.
The other models are more of the same sculpts as last week.  They are great models.  Some of my favorites from GW.

Great beards and braids.
This is the last of this army for the Challenge.  I'll be painting more of these as I want to change the list up, but the replacement killers need to be assembled and primed and there's not enough time left to muck about with that sort of thing.

21 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job with the highlights on those cloaks. Great work all the way 'round.

    I wish they still made Devlin Mud as it was such an all purpose work horse for shading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree on the Devlin mud. best paint product that Gouges Walletshop ever made. Army Painter strong and soft tone are my go to shades now. cheers

      Delete
    2. I use it on every model. My last bottle won't survive the challenge. Thanks, Anne.

      Delete
  2. what a nice bunch of stunties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of these dwarves, and your painting only adds. The cloaks in particular look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great models. They almost paint themselves.

      Delete
  4. Great work on these stout wee fellows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great Dwarfs added to your collection and will look forward to the rest post challenge

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to painting some more up. There are a lot more waiting.

      Delete
  6. More wonderful Dwarves! Nice one Aaron.

    ReplyDelete