Saturday 13 February 2016

From TamsinP - 15mm Korean Commanders (42 points)

Time for my 15th entry in the main part of the Challenge. I wasn't sure if I'd manage to get one in before the deadline, but I seem to have squeaked it just!


This entry is another set of additions for my swelling Choson Korean army, another 5 command stands for the "regulars". The figures are from Old Glory 15s as before.






I haven't added flags yet as I'd forgotten to print out another set of command standards. I've now got more than enough command stands to field two armies in FoG (three if I field the Righteous Army separately). I just need to add some more infantry and cavalry to be able to play out the civil war which may well have broken out in the Japanese hadn't invaded in 1592. That could make for an interesting campaign as the Chinese, Japanese and the horse nomads to the North could also get involved. Oh dear, i think that means acquiring even more armies...

Points-wise, there are 9 mounted and 3 foot figures, which should be 42 points.

Lovely work Tamsin. I really like the wide range of colour you've used for their uniforms and horse furniture. Those poor flunkies with the standards must be in great shape running along side these guys.
'Hey, Kwan, did you win that last battle?' 
'Nah, but me and the boss managed the 20K retreat in well under 2 hours!'
Three separate armies, huh? You know, you could now probably field an entire army of officers! I'm sure the North Korean army of today could do this, that is if they could first avoid getting executed by their benign and beneficent leader. You just need to get the 16th century equivalent of an anti-aircraft gun to keep them motivated. :)
42 points for you Ms. P. Well done and have a great week!

18 comments:

  1. Those colours are fantastic and really well painted on tiny figures. They're certainly ostentatious enough to lead an army!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What really makes these stand out are the brilliant colours you've given them, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the best looking Koreans I have yet seen. A Proper job! I can bet the army looks good all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FIVE extra command stands????

    Lovely work on them as well

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice paintwork on well sculpted figures, you done a great work Miss Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never have too many commanders [cough!][cough!]. Lovely brushwork Tamsin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Curt - thanks! The guys on my previous command stands were much less showy, suggesting they were professional military officers. I figure that these ones here are high ranking nobles and court flunkies with no real military skill but put in charge because, well, just because. The troops they command will die gloriously and probably in vain :)
    As for the poor flagmen on foot, I always felt sorry for their equivalents in the opening title sequence of "The Water Margin"

    @ Braks - cheers! :)

    @ Martin C - thanks! :)

    @ Jamie - cheers! But where (and how) will they lead them? ;)

    @ Sander - thanks! I've decided that they are court fops put in charge of troops as political appointees :)

    @ Clint - cheers! I'd need quite a lot of space to show the whole army together, more than I have at the moment! :)

    @ Ian - well, it started out as being three stands, then I thought about splitting them across more bases to show differing quality/importance :)

    @ Christopher - thanks! :)

    @ Moiterei - cheers! :)

    @ Gilles - merci! The sculpts do make them (relatively) easy to paint :)

    @ Millsy - tell that to the troops on the front line! ;)

    @ Francis - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and colourful, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great workTamsin. You continue to find awesome new settings and forces - very well done, excellent brush work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Brendon - cheers! :)

    @ Chasseur - thanks! :)

    @ Greg - cheers! New settings? Hardly - I've been working on my Koreans for about 3 years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I consider myself chastened for lack of attention, but I will add "new to me" :)

      Delete
  11. The cav looks smashing, Tamsin. I do feel for those poor banner-men that must keep pace! ;)

    ReplyDelete