Thursday 9 January 2020

From Barks: Sergeant (Retired), US 3rd Armored Division, Cold War (35 Points)

This figure will be for my friend Mud's birthday later this year. She's a tragic Elvis fan, and has been to the Parkes Elvis Festival at least once (incidentally, it is on this week). We've been to an Elvis pizza restaurant for her birthday, and she took us to an Elvis Tribute Artist show. I learned that 'impersonator' is a no-no, because that implies identity theft. They are Elvis Tribute Artists.
 


Aussie company Slave 2 Gaming does a whole squad of Elvises (Elvii?) and I picked one up.

1x 28mm +5
O'Grady's Gulch +30


From DaveD - Minion Martin is having comms issues this afternoon , so I am going to step in for a few .
Love it  Barks - I can hear the line "a little less conversation , a little more action please" - just what you need I think! get those brushes twirling!

22 comments:

  1. What a bonkers entry! Super work on the white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! It is a blue-grey wash over white and then built up again.

      Delete
  2. Very nice Elvi, Barks. Great work on the stars and glitter.

    'Thangyou, thangyou very much. Now, get me a cheeseburger...'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tribute to the King, Barks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An unusual and well done entry!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was about to post this when BT decided to upgrade my broadband to 2 bean cans and some string. This is fantastic, love him

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool looking ‚Elvis Tribute Artist‘!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frankly, he doesn't actually look all that elvish to me - but a brilliant and slightly bonkers entry, nevertheless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work!
    Is there any chance of an Elvis with an RPG? THAT would be a great addition...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My wife has gone to that Elvis festival twice so far - thankfully without me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, dear, I’d rather be in a warzone!

      Delete
  10. Fabulous Elvis! He's great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete