Saturday 5 January 2019

From DaveD , Cruel Seas , WW2 Normandy - 133.5 points

This weekends first top up gives me the completion of the starter set with with another 3 MTBs , 4  S Boats, and 15 torpedoes in the water

crew , rigging , flags and number decals added to these MTBS








7 1/300th boats = 56 points
13 crew = 6.5 Pts
Extras with 9 flags and aerial rigging on the MTBs 10pts
15 torpedoes 15 Pts

Next up , a top up for my US forces in Normandy







3 x M8 armoured car , 6 x 1/2 point crews
2 x Trucks

Guest Minion JamieM here to post a few entries (including DaveD's who is industriously posting as I type!)

Absolutely brilliant dinky boats (nobody minds whether we call them boats or ships, right?!?!?) - the torpedoes really add a lot to the look and.... wait a minute..... it looks like you actually added rigging and teeny tiny little flags..... you did! Are you insane sir?  Doing that would tie me in knots and probably result in little boats flying across the room in frustration.  I've used the (temporary) powers vested in me to up the bonus points for all that as it looks properly awesome.

Nice armoured cars and trucks too, those GIs will be glad to be able to hitch a ride, I'm sure.


43 comments:

  1. Top work, will play next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice boats and nice ACs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire the patience you've taken with the rigging. Produces some really effective vessels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , I didn’t actually take that long to do

      Delete
  4. Great work Dave, I am especially loving the Cruel Seas project. And yes Jamie, I think boats is the correct term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not attracted by naval games at all, but I must reckno that your entries are wetting my appetiate... must resist! No Pasarán!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work Dave! Those little boats are an absolute bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Dave, looking forward to seeing them all on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More lovely Cruel Seas boats! This must stop! I am being tempted beyond endurance, these are really, really nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome stuff Dave! But not a Camel in sight? ....
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yet more lovely boats - you are making it hard to keep ignoring the siren call of th eCruel Seas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your rigging really does take ‘em over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some excellent work on these boats, Dave - you have a good deal more patience than I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. really didn’t take the long to do ..

      Delete
  13. Wow!
    Those boats are pure eye-candy! You really get the best out of these kits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great looking ships! They look awesome, and it looks like a very interesting game as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the rigging mate! Absolutely super.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's some very fine work Dave!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice work. With Rigging as well! nice indeed. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice work Dave! Great to see more little ships!

    ReplyDelete