Tuesday 5 February 2019

From AlexS - Napoleonics. (565 points)

Hello to all! My name is Alex and I am from Russia. In my country, they love and honour traditions. For me, it became a tradition to work with during the Napoleonic Wars of this wonderful events. There, more than that, I heard that it started because Сurt wanted to finally paint a bunch of unpainted miniatures for this period. Therefore, I present to your attention and my work. Three light infantry battalions, dismounted dragoons and a cannon.


Miniatures from different manufacturers, included in one squad, they perfectly diversify it.


I have traditionally not made banners, because I still don’t know what kind of battalions these will be.


And once again a general view. And again, the problem is that I have no one to play with in my city, the nearest city where people play Napoleon in my country is Nizhnevartovsk. A bit far from me. Almost one and a half thousand kilometres. But maybe I'll be going to go there someday.


Points:
28mm  1 gun x 10 = 10 points
28mm 3 cav x 10 = 30 points
28mm 104 inf x 5 = 520 points
total  560 points



Stand back, it's a Points Bomb! The idea that these may never see action because you live so far from another wargamer makes me rather sad. Mind you, at least you have an excuse for not playing with your armies...I've painted a few that never saw service just because of I had moved on to the next project before the paint had dried on the last. A sad truism from most wargames butterflies! 
I concur with your points calculation for these but I'm adding an extra five points for the various flags and pennants I can see. Nice entry mate.  

17 comments:

  1. Nice one Alex a proper points bomb 💥💣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "dismounted dragoons and a cannon"

    great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious work in this points bomb Alex! Good to see more of your lovely Napoleonics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible to paint so many Napoleonics in a week! Amazing. And French as well - all those cross-belts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy SMOKES Alex, that is great stuff!
    You will get a game in with them some time, don't worry - and in the interim, they will honour your shelves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great looking Napoleonics! Never mind paint both sides and have a solo game!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn!!! A Napoleonic bomb is even more impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice melange of units and manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quality stuff and it is a shame you won’t get a game in with them, but as mentioned above, just play solo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific work Alex and a great homage to the first edition of the Painting Challenge. Now, you're making me think about doing some more Napoleonics... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I am deeply envious of your ability to paint so many minis in such a short space of time. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete