Saturday 16 February 2019

From Barks: Gaslands terrain (60 points)

I'm having my first game of Gaslands on Saturday, which was an excuse to get some MDF gates from Knights of Dice and paint some other terrain that has been hanging about for ages.

I got four of these cool gates. I could have blinged them up with extra chains, barbed wire, corrugated iron roofing etc., but I need them table ready! I was sold on them by the details of the logos, traffic lights, speakers, and cameras. I enjoyed painting the lights as if the green was 'on'. I could probably add more dirt and dust to the base- is this my chance to try weathering pigments?

Knights of Dice also make these crash barricades, which the Skirt Swisher made for me.

These cacti are from Pegasus and are on 40mm bases.

I'm quite taken with these chain fences from 4Ground. I replaced the printed transparent plastic chain sheet they come with, with some nylon floral lace. The bases are long and thin and prone to warping, but the final effect is really nice. I've got another 3m of this stuff to make... at some point.

Finally, some craters from GW.

The group shot, with a 1:64 car for scale. Beep beep!

I think this is 3x Standard Terrain Cubes, for 60 points.

Late addendum- I raced in Gaslands for the first time today, on this new terrain; it was great fun and will inspire me to build a few cars of my own! Recommended.

JamieM - You've already played a game with them?  I'm impressed!  I do believe there is merit in considering extra points for painted stuff actually being used as that's the point of painting all of this after all and I know I haven't used everything I've ever painted....  Anyway, enough of that and what a smashing set of terrain!  It really decides if a game sticks or fails in my experience as lovely figures on a green sheet only gets you so far.  Those gates are brilliant, well worth the effort and good shout on changing up the fences, anything to make things look better and help with longevity is a good thing in my eyes.

3 standard cubes it is, 60 points for you with which to upgrade your dinky little cars.....


27 comments:

  1. Apocalyptic stuff! Great work, Barks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great setup mate - have a blast, its a really fun game (expect to crash and burn!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some brilliant terrain features mate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous looking stuff! I‘m sure it was a bummer of a game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great terrain. Some of it reminds me of our back garden...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking bunch of terrain. Gaslands is a lot of fun, even more so on terrain like that I reckon. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stuart, I can see why it is becoming a modern classic!

      Delete
  7. Awesome! Perfect for car combat near the Thunder Dome! Makes me want to get a V8. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pieces of terrain. That starting/ending gate is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the lights, speakers and cameras that really sold me on them.

      Delete