Friday 22 February 2019

From DavidB: Deathwatch part 2 (89 points)

I've just about caught up at work and training there, which is just in time for another military weekend next week. I'm still plagued by WIFI at work and military installations not liking "game" in websites nor blogger. I've been enjoying the email summary, but it's not the same when I can't comment on the wicked cool stuff I have been seeing this year! I'll be home till Sunday, so I'll try to get caught up AND get some more stuff painted. I did wrap-up the Deathwatch, so I have that going on..

My Guard will soon have Dysl stampeding after the sentinels. With a Plasma cannon, assault cannon or twin linked Las Cannons he should pack some power and survivability to the squadron.

I haven't painted a dreadnought in some time with the last being a metal chunk. GW really made a nice kit for the plastic one with scads of upgrades which is very welcome over the metal ones of the past.

He'll be very versatile.

I dug out Artemis for some squirrel points, he will need an assist to count which is coming up soonish?

It was nice to have a smaller version for gaming included in the start collecting box. Artemis has become a Captain since the Inquisitor days and has lost his right forearm someplace. Still it is pretty cool to have another version of him and I hope others make the crossover too(I'm looking for the Eisenharn model at the upcoming Adepticon)

I actually painted these two together in the queue and easily kept the same pallet, but the big guy got additional colours.


Covenant, Devlin, and Stone are still not quite ready, but I had to pop them in for a in progress shot for a real true scale marine. Artemis is massive! His bolter is almost bigger than Slick D!

This squad is the last bunch from the Overkill game. Each marine is the epitome of his individual chapter. If any 40k fan wants a nice Deathwatch squad, this one is definitely stacked in character.

An Ultramarine, Ironhand, Spacewolf, Dark Angel, and Iron Fist. Each really nails the flavor of their chapter.

The Blood Raven Librarian and Chaplain Cassius(a young Cassius who still has an intact face)
They also really do their Chapters proud.

Blood Ravens are new to GW and a port from the Dawn of War game.

The final squad is from the start collecting box and was built before I was given Overkill.
I changed them up a bit into an old school Dark Angel, and altered the color on the Ultramarine for a new chapter. The Crimson Fist, Long Fang Spacewolf, and Iron Snake were planned.

A servo skull and teleport homer. Nice for objectives and table dressing, I'll use the teleport homer to summon the Salamander terminator and the Dreadnought...they'll make a wicked fire- team! ;)

The whole crew together!





1 dreadnought-10pts
13 marines-65pts
2 props-4pts
1 'uge marine- 10pts

89 points to the evil empire challenge!

_____________________________________________

And now we have more snazzy folks strutting down the catwalk. 

Though it's clear how Artemis lost an arm. He didn't listen to Edna:

Another 89 points for the Evil Empire!

8 comments:

  1. That's a great Deathwatch force, that Dread really is a nice conversion but the two versions of Artemis are the cherry on the cream in this post for me loads of character and epic storytelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking space marines, always listen to Edna!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way back I always fancied a Deathwatch force but never got round to it. You‘ve done a fantastic job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking force. It's nice to see the old Inquisitor models again too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. Includes a Giant Space Marine...awesome! cheers

    ReplyDelete