Friday 22 February 2019

From AdamC: 4 Squirels . . . I mean Yeti (28 Points)

More figures form Bones III Kickstarter and a Gripping beast Roman provided for scale
There is great texture on the Fur.  did a base coat of grey, Wash in back and then dry brushed in White.  Then I went back and picked out the bare skin in Vallejo German Dark Grey.  I picked this because polar bears have black skin. (it seemed to fit) I also did the wide open mouths in red with white for teeth (these might need another coating of wash).
The poses are very dramatic.. almost too dramatic. Still since these Yeti have been declared French I guess too dramatic is appropriate.
Here we have the tribal war leader with his stone axe.  He has a necklace or flint spear points presumably taken tribesmen or other yeti he has defeated in battle.
That Staff/Axe is quite something with not one but two stone blades.
Another veteran yeti warrior this one carries a sabre tooth cat scull as an ornament or amour on one shoulder
This rearing back pose is probably the one of the bunch I like least... though if you put an explosion of some sort in front of him he would probably look great....hum..).  Based these guys quickly with some simple snow flock.  I may dress them out some more latter.  As the first photo shows these guy are pretty big so I'll call them 40mm figures for 28 Point.  I should also get another point it Squirrel duel.

__________________________________________________________________

And now, direct from Kathmandu, AdamC gives you the House of Yeti. 

I'd say the posing isn't so much French as Shatnerian. The group shot shows them at their best. Almost some kind of way over the top extreme 80s hair metal band.

28 points from the judges!

9 comments:

  1. Nice work Adam, lots of movement in the sculpts and you’ve done a realiy(I think) job on the fur

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Roman in the first post looks a little nervous. Great work on your Yetis, even if they are getting rather carried away with their posing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Nothing like a bit of dramatic over acting but these look good to me. Cheers

    ReplyDelete