Friday 15 March 2019

From AdamC: Three Ashurites of Al-Rassan (16 points)

This is the Last Friday of the Challenge... hard to believe. Thanks Robert for managing these Friday Follies.  OK whats an Ashurite. For those who missed the fellowship bonus round  Its one of the religions created by Guy Kay for his fictional version of earth.  The Ashurites are the equivalent of Muslims.  
These three came from the Andalusian pack I used for the figure of Ammar so naturally I had to paint them up.  Since they are men from the civilized (some would say decadent) land of Al-Rassan I wanted to make them colourful.  The Ashurites worship a god of the stars (or who lives among the stars) so their banners are covered in stars usually on a back field but I thought dark blue would work as well (this flag is actually George Washington's HQ flag from the AWI).  The banner is a bit larger than it probably should be but not by much.  
My real camera's batteries decided to die as I was getting shots today. So I apologise for the poor quality of this photo taken with my camera.  I'll try to replace it with another this weekend.  With these guys added to the mix with Ammar and Rodrigo I've got 25 points for "Characters"from the book which I think warrants a Squirrel point. (I should have 7 by my calculations at this point) I've painted all the miniatures I had set to paint this challenge, "Finished" one army and made a good start on another. These three (and Ammar) may prove the germ of a new army but that will be something to consider down the road.   I've got perhaps one more terrain submission for next week if the rest of my life permits me a little time for painting.

We've got 3 28mm figures for 15 points.  Thanks for reading everyone if I don't see you again before the big group shots. Thanks again Curt for putting it all together and thanks Robert for the Friday Follies.

__________________________________________________________________

The use of that flag is inspired, Adam. A great example of kitbashing. Sure, we normally mix and match figure pieces, but not flags. I threw in an extra point for that.

The purple cloak is also very nice. In fact, the colors on all of these are well done.

I've actually switched from my camera to my cell phone for pics. Yeah, the camera is a lot nicer, but it's a lot more fiddly. A good lightbox, and the cell phone works wonders. Lightboxes are also dirt cheap to make. I built mine out of a box you get the bi-weekly summer vegetable and some tissue paper. Lamps are two IKEA ones I got.

And another squirrel point? Why not?

Sixteen points and a squirrel.

8 comments:

  1. Nice figures and flag Adam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely figures and smart move with the flag!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Adam. I quite like that drummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Adam, great to see some very colourful figures added to your project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work Adam.The flag is quite nice and a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The banner looks great, I wouldn't have known about the Washington connection!

    ReplyDelete