Saturday 16 March 2019

From DaveD - Aircraft , Boulton Paul Defiant, Fairey Battle ,P38 Lightning (55 points)

My last aircraft entry of the challenge . First up 4 1/200th aircraft for my 1940 RAF collection.  These are by Dave at Armaments in Miniatures - and are great little resin casts. I have also now sourced a host of acrylic propeller spinners and have started adding these to planes in the collection.


A pair of Boulton Paul Defiants -- oh i am so looking forward to taking on the me109's at the front .. NOT




Plus a couple of Fairey Battles





Next up is a die cast 1/44th  P38 from the bring & buy at Hammerhead  i picked up for pennies - it just needed a bit of TLC with some fresh paint , highlights and invasion stripes adding .  This time it had a olive drab base colour so I went with that as a base and tarted it up from there . so about 4 points for this one.




I have really enjoyed doing the aircraft this challenge - its a boyhood model making love rekindled!



Tamsin:

I've enjoyed seeing all your kites flying off your paint desk Dave. I've had to look back at previous entries for the scoring, and think you might have diddled yourself out of a few points, It seems that your Dorniers were scored as 15mm vehicles, so that's what I've gone with for the Faireys and Defiants; for the Lightning I've gone with 28mm vehicle as it is 1/44 scale. that comes out as 52 points, but to continue my theme of power abuse (it must be the altitude making me light-headed), I'll throw in some extras to round it off at 55. And don't you go running off to Curt complaining!

12 comments:

  1. Don't knock the Defiant, it took a few Luftwaffe pilots by surprise when they thought they were chasing a Hurricane!

    Lovely work, Dave, some great planes here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed I am sure it came as surprise ...we will see .. it will depend very much which the direction the bandits come from !

      Delete
  2. Beatiful work both the painting and markings. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the work! Starting to paint some of these soon as well. Just making me want to get to them faster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the Defiant and Battle Dave, quirky and inefficient as they were. Great job bring the P38 back to life, do you think you could do the same for Ev?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking aircraft! I like the defiant, and even the useless battle looks great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work Dave. I have to say that P38 looks quite tasty after your tender ministrations. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You continue to get beautiful results in such small scales. Lovely aircraft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous looking birds! That P38 is an absolute eye catcher. My grandpa shot down two of these buggers as a FW190 pilot... in both cases he was shot down himself shortly afterwards. 😉

    ReplyDelete