Wednesday 13 March 2019

From StuartL: These Girls Want To Meet Brainy Men (47.5 points)

My second post this week is a set of zombies for Warlord Games' Project Z game. All of the models are from Warlord's own range, which I believe the acquired from Wargames Factory a while ago. A friend of mine needed them painting up and I volunteered to help out.

The models were, honestly, a pain in the behind to paint. The connection points between the arms and the shoulders is incredibly small. Several times during the painting process a limb would go flying across the room or drop onto the floor, resulting in a lot of time spent scrabbling to find it.

I'm not altogether certain why, but a lot of the figures seem to be only partially clothed. Perhaps the zombie outbreak happened at a strippers convention? Regardless, they are all fairly gruesome with scratches, gouges and missing body parts aplenty.  

I'm not sure how my friend has based their other Project Z minis, so I just gave them a simple texture and a coat of grey for now. I haven't tried Project Z yet, but I think the zombies are more of an environmental hazard than the focus of the game, so for mindless walking dead, they should do the job.

So, for the final score, I estimate it as:
9.5x 28mm figures = 47.5 points and an extra point for my Squirrel collection.

My god, Doctor! Do you think this is how Ev became ill? Surely he wouldn't have- you know- with one of these zombies?

It is a mystery to me how many female zombies are, as you say, infected at stripper conventions. Regardless, zombies are always fun to paint and you can never have too many.

Nurse Barks

5 comments: