Thursday 28 March 2019

Mike W - AHPC IX Review

As a way of doing something different I have pulled together my output on video, hopefully this will work out! 

Below we have a clip that shows the Polish Haluk Infantry and Turkish Light Cavalry figures I did for my Siege of Vienna project. With the Cavalry are three Turkish Command figures. To mix things up along with the cannon are five Spartan Hoplites I completed - just to see what the figures turned out like!

To their front are a mixture of figures  a Dalek, a group of four Fantasy figures and four mounted 17th Century commanders.




Below is another mixture of figures, It starts with two 28 figure regiments of 17th Century Saxon Infantry, then some Imperial Romans, a vignette of four 17th Century Spanish Musicians, two plastic Late Romans and a plastic confederate infantryman. A couple of limbers and a gun to be used by Turkish forces at Vienna and a lone 17th Century NCO.




Here is the mass of green-skins that I managed to get cleared form my own personal GW Hell! Spider Riders, Wolf Riders, Regular Goblins and 3 units of Night Goblin - two armed with bows and one armed with spears. The plastic mountain is now just a molehill!

100 infantry and 18 mounted figures - and for those that were following the posts - I did get the second unit of Spider Riders completed - just a couple days ago!



So here are the Breton Infantrymen I created from the Gripping Beast Dark ages Warriors pack to act as allies to the Normans at the Battle of Hastings, 1066. Generic clothing plus spare Norman heads form the Conquest Games packs and other suitable heads form the spares box.




This one hopefully shows the 20mm VBCW figures I did, including a Renault 17 Tank, 75mm Field Gun and Heavy Weapons Section. Additionally there is a one off Viking and a group of Mountain men for my Alamo project....




Now thinking about what's left, the 17th Century Brandenburg Dragoons and the 15mm Swedish GNW Infantry. The Dragoons are as below, the Swedes have been loaned out and are currently unavailable!

Hmm,Guess Who!
Hope that's all! I forget how much I gt done in the last couple months....

For anyone looking for Stats - then please don't be disappointed! I have listed everything that I can remember....

TARGET 2000 Points, achieved 1961 - Yes, I know I should have tried harder!

15mm
GNW
24 x Infantry

20mm 
VBCW 
1 x Tank, 1 x Field Gun & Caisson, 4 x Cavalry & 16 x Infantry (incl 9 Gun Crew & 7 Heavy Weapons Crew)

28mm -
17th Century 
1 x Field Gun, 1 x Galloper Gun, 2 x Light Limbers incl. 2 x Horses, 83 Infantry (incl 2 x Artillery Crew, 4 x Musicians and random NCO), 19 x Mounted Figures incl 8 Commanders)
Dark Ages
30 x Breton Infantry,1 Foot casualty Marker, 2 x Mounted Casualty Markers
1 x Viking
Ancients
5 x Spartan Hopolites
10 x Imperial Romans
2 x Late Romans
Sci-Fi
1 x Dalek
Fantasy
100 Goblin Infantry, 10 x Spider Riders, 8 x Wolf Riders, 4 x Assorted Mages & Warriors
ACW
1 x CSA Infantryman
Wild West
15 x Mountain Men & 2 x Mounted Mountain Men

Next Year (if I'm invited back) - I'll tackle the Orc mountain! The 15mm Jacobite / SYW Lead Lake and who knows what else I'll have found by then!

9 comments:

  1. Superb output Mike - 1961 rounds to 2000 plus it was the year my lovely, yet fierce, wife was born so it's a damn good number

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea doing little movie clips! Great output and see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to showcase your Challenge projects, Mike, nothing gets missed - and that's an output to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful weekly variety, Mike- but to fall just short of your goal... Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tremendous output! Barely missing out on your target with a wonderfully varied output!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Mike - loved your variety of submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a terrific Challenge Mike! Love the video retrospective.

    ReplyDelete