Sunday 19 January 2020

From Paul SS - Froggle Rock for Cook's Crevase 35 points



This was a difficult one, a souring of the lead mountain and bits box yielded nothing suitable for a geology themed round, the nearest possibly being a French Napoleonic Pioneer.

So I set to with some insulation board and my hot wire cutter to carve out an overhanging ledge. When I'd finished with the wire cutter, I looked at it, Victoria looked at it and at the same time said "Looks like a frog!" so Froggle Rock it was to be. 


I stuck it on some board, gave a coat of Poly-filler and let it dry. When it had set I sanded it down, and stuck on some smaller stones and pebbles, sealed with PVA and gave a dark brown primer. 

Once ready I started painting off a basecoat of "Mooring Post" emulsion adding a few highlights as I went along, some patches of lichen were added along with some damp mossy bits under the overhand.

The finishing touches  were some tufts, clumps and static grass. The ACW infantryman is from the batch I painted earlier this week and is only there for an idea scale.

Points wise, it's about a 1/4 cube so should get me 5pts, plus 30pts for completing the location.


From MilesR: It does look like a frog, a petrified one, but a frog non-the-less.  Thats 35 points for you.


24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece of tera prawn. The name suits it as does your union sharpshooter. I tricked to type Froggel and it kept getting auto corrected to frog gel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear this said terrain Paul when I hit publish.

      Delete
    2. Lol, my phone goes that way too at times.
      I keep shouting at it "I never ever mean ducking"
      Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Gneiss work! That's no piece of schist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking frog rock!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one on the idea.... and a good painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one, a truly unique scenery piece.

    ReplyDelete