Sunday 19 January 2020

JohnP Entry Fee Piece for Sarah's Balloon (to Mudry's Mesa) - 40 pts

I acquired these models a few months ago for a brief foray into the community-run Wyrdwars--a reborn version of Mordheim. Unfortunately, the game didn't take (perhaps forever souring me on community generated rulesets), and I gave up on making use of the figures. But, I've been enamored with the witch model, so I decided to slap some paint on her and use her as my entry fee to the AHPC. Sarah willing, I'd like to use her to ride that balloon off to Mudry's Mesa, upon which I shall paint something brand spanking new (and most glorious). Alas, I'm all out of good bubbly and won't get any extra credit. Perhaps on my return flight I'll procure some.




From MilesR: Superb painting of a very scary looking witch.  I'm sure that will be sufficient fare to get you to Mudry's Mesa.  I'm not sure of the scale - so am assuming its 28mm.  Given the size of the "root system", I'll score this as a cavalry figure which nets you a total of 40 points.  Nicely done.

14 comments:

  1. Nice work on this witch, love the blues and greens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job man. Such an interesting model too. Maybe you'll get inspired to finish the others in the set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice painting job. As many times I say, I really admire the creativity that fantasy players develop when painting minis

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very intricate piece of work - who's the maker? Impressive paint job as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking witch! Great painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Really dig those soft transitions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is terrifically nasty looking and I love the slime green “root-tentacley things!

    🎈Atmospheric Conditions are another day of Extreme Cold, but the sun is shining and the sky a glorious blue, buckle up, have a hot beverage and enjoy the scenery,
    Lady Sarah’s Balloon Service is ready to soar🎈

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is a very funky looking miniature - I like it! Beautiful brushwork really highlights its character. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh!! Not that is one very well done piece of very subtle blending!

    “The soul becomes dyed with the colour of its thoughts.”, Marcus Aurelius. ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work, they really are lovely figures in the shadespire range.

    ReplyDelete