Saturday 16 January 2021

From ScottC to Byron M: Armory submission - Spider Tank (48 points)



This is a one of a kind - 15mm scaled Spider Tank. The STL file was obtained through thingiverse and printed by Byron M. I purchased a relatively large 15mm sci fi force from micropanzer games and wanted to paint them in a Mass Effect Geth inspired paint scheme. Byron was kind enough to print some excellent sci-fi armor for my force and as he was my invitation to this excellent hobby challenge I felt it was appropriate for me to dedicate my admission piece for him. Hope you like how it turned out Byron! - The file was very easy to assemble (legs printed separately) and was an absolute joy to paint. 


This particular figure actually printed at a smaller scale than I had anticipated and thus became my canvas. 



I used the geth colossus for my painting inspiration and although it is on a war-torn styled base I wanted to keep the pristine look of the geth pearly nature to the figure. I had some excellent feedback from friends to add the rubble to the base and I think it looks very cool - as if he annihilated this little building and is moving on to his next victim.




Top view:

Rear:


Left side:


Right side:

The figure is based on a 60mm base - pointed as a 40mm vehicle: 25 points 

Chamber bonus: 20 points 



Late Edit by Tamsin: 

There was some confusion with scoring of this entry. It was in fact a 15mm vehicle which scores 8 points rather than 25 points for a 40mm vehicle. The duty minion (who I shan't name) had managed to miss that as well as being a Curtgeld entry, it was also for the Armour chamber. The corrected scoring is as follows:

1 x 15mm vehicle @ 8 points

Armoury Chamber @ 20 points

Curtgeld @ 20 points

Total = 48 points


13 comments:

  1. This looks great. The quality of 3D stuff goes from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great painting and basing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome looking mech, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking mech! Nice basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little battlefield crawler, Scott! Very useful to go where other mechs might struggle with - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome Scott, thank you very much. I like the minimalist approach with just the subtle shades and weathering, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great model Scott and very well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking vehicle Scott. Byron will love it.

    Just to be clear, is the vehicle truly 40mm scale (meaning the crew would be 40mm tall)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ~15mm scale on a 60mm base. About the size of one of the larger Infinity remotes

      Delete
  9. Cool vehicle. Great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always something creepy about a robotic spider 🕷
    Regards

    ReplyDelete