Monday 15 February 2021

From BruceR Chamber of Challenges Graveyard Beach 5 28mm 25 pts + 28mm vehilce 20 pts + Chamber 20pts = 65pts

Muff McGillicutty has returned and assembled his royal marines to venture into the Graveyard Beach.  For this task the royal scoundrels have commandeered a tug and a good thing as well.  What else could you get through this cavernous stream in search of the "Red Casket" for Muff's benefactor.  Not sure what it contains just retrieve it we shall lads.  

The Royal Marines are pulp figures and are really great to paint.  The white uniforms are fun and the faces are great.  I picked these up to go with some pulp British army lads I had used for a Bolt Action force. So while in the subzero painting muse of the Challenge I grabbed the bag and knocked them out.



The tug is an Empress Miniatures Resin model.  I picked it up for those same pulp army brits I did thinking I would use on a show board to indicate my early war brits sat on the  Suez Canal.  Well the army was done but the board got tanks instead of a boat.  Again the Chambers Challenge had me grabbing it of the shelf, break  out the airbrush and go at it.  I base coated it rust brown and a light grey.  From there the brush hit everything else.  Not sure how it will play other than terrain at a dock.   Now to build a dock...............


Here is the crew landing at the Graveyard Beach and retrieving the "Red Casket".  Muff oversees the retrieval, while two sailors cover the other three.  

The Casket is a metal miniature from the lead pile.  Not sure where it came from and it has no markings on the back.  So I have painted the Royal marines, with the intention when purchased to flesh out an early WWII force for flavor.  I saw the water and thought, Royal Marines + Tug + Casket = Graveyard Beach.  So I hope the Chamber god's approve.
5 28mm Royal Marines 25 pts
28mm Tug Boat 20 pts
Chamber "Graveyard Beach" 20 pts
Total 65pts

Thanks for following the perils of Muff.  Thus ends the US 3 day weekend.
Cheers
BruceR 



 

10 comments:

  1. Great post Bruce, love the tug boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The minis are great but I looove that tug boat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post ....the naval figures would just fit with my Bolt Action forces! Love the detail on them. Any chance you will be painting up an Officer/Squad Leader to go with them later?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sailors are good, but the tug is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful. The tug is just gorgeous. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While the Jack Tars are very well done, the Tug is the jewel in this lot for sure, great atmospheric piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely landing party and the tug is ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking boat and figures 👍

    ReplyDelete