Thursday 29 April 2021

From PeterD Challenge Wrap Up

 

I am of course late out of the gate on this one.  But here are my wrap up photos.


 



Naval Stuff


All the ships were from WW2.  I had planned to add some Anglo Dutch Wars ships which only got part painted and some from the War of the Pacific which only got primer.  I gave Adam a reasonable chase in the early going of there Naval Duel but got left in everyone's wake at the end.  For some reason I decided that I needed every destroyer that fought in the Med in 1941-2, but I had fun researching the various classes, modifications and camouflage patterns applied.


Land based stuff


A true variety pack -  a new 10mm NYW project, Dorky Orky tanks, Women of WW2 and Beowulf!

Dooffus in charge with my Meadhall background from our Beowulf DnD sessions

January through March is a busy time for me.  I basically end up working 60% of each of two jobs so the challenge is a sanity break for me.  It's great to see everyone work and looking forward to next year.

12 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the background you gave for each ship you painted. Research for a painting project is time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart. The research side of historical gaming is a huge hook for me. That’s why I’ve not bitten very much off on GW etc stuff.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful work Peter! I enjoyed your Med project and seeing inroads to your Ork collection. I also really appreciated the time you took to comment on people's work. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt. I am always interested to see what others come up with, plus give. The whole lock down we need all the virtual feedback we can get.

      Delete
  3. Excellent work Peter, I did enjoy reading about the history as well as appreciate the brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A most impressive range of work, Mr Douglas. Most impressive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great body of work, I really enjoyed your WW2 med project, it appealed to my tendencie to be excessively detailed! Landsknecht commander still waiting to be packed I'm afraid, mad busy at work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Iain, excessively detailed you say?
      No rush on the figure.

      Delete
  6. A fine collection, Peter, I really enjoyed seeing your work, especially the warships. Your comments on my posts were much appreciated, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Martijn, and thank you for comments along the way. I’d hoped to have some Dutch ships but they never got far enough along..

      Delete