Sunday 2 January 2022

From Kerry T (Valleyboy) - Project P - P is for Pious (70 points + squirrel)

Before I begin I must say how impressed I am by what I have seen posted here on the forum, there is such a superb and varied range of figures and the place is simply oozing painting talent. Its hard to keep up with it all but its certainly a real impetus and an incentive for me to keep stirring my lumpy Vallejo!

That said it leaves me to confess that it's always a problem when you promise to do something isn't it - this is because one is meant to keep their promises.

For this my second entry under my Project P (12 units with a link to the letter P). I've knocked off P for Peasant in my first post so my second offering is Pious

So here we go

I don't suppose you're going to let me get away with showing my wife's cooking are you? 

I thought I would choose something from Footsore Miniatures Barons War range this time. I love this range having signed up for the most recent Kick-starter.I'm regretting having not backed the first one and as a consequence I have almost caught up and bought much of what was previously produced and available. These lovely figures are sculpted by Paul Hicks.

Pilgrims on the road- the white cloaked figures are from the Templars pack







Here we have the Bishop of York 


The Bishop is accompanied by the Priest of St Oswald

The picture above shows both the mounted and foot version of the Priest of St Oswald, I have no idea why I have two foot figures though.

Ideally I would have liked to have added additional clergy to this band but unfortunately I had already slapped a little paint on both the Stephen Langton and Peter de Roche (Bishop of Winchester) figures before the challenge started and had not bought the Aymeric de St Maur figure and  Milities Christi Monks as I thought I had. Never mind, I'll just have to buy more, though its a shame that there is only one pack of Templars. To date I have just been buying figures as I fancied from the range but I think I'll now look to build a specific Pious retinue in the longer term. I'm sure these could be supplemented by a few outlaws and peasant levy from the range top make a decent force






It will be nice not to have to paint so much white next time, I've already started on some cavalry for my third entry which has been a nice change.

By my calculations I presume this is worth (10 x 5 plus 2 x 10) for 70 points. I'm not sure how the squirrel works but I assume its another 

________________________________


Lovely work Kerry (and moreso to your wife with that delicious looking strawberry pie). The Bishop is excellent and that dismounted St. Oswald is rather formidable with his big club and shield. Also, great work on the white tabards of the Templars - it can often be such a grind to get right. Of course, this is all helped along by the marvellous sculpts by Paul Hicks - the guy is a genius (and amazingly prolific!).

Well done Kerry. Now, go enjoy a slice of that pie for us. :)

- Curt

21 comments:

  1. Fantastic pie and terrific painting. What a talented couple. I like how you have put models in the terrain for photographing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff but I figure that's how were generally going to use them so it makes sense. Plus every time I try a light box they come out darker!

      Delete
  2. Impressive painting and I like the setting you have photographed them in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I cannot seem to manage to photograph figures in anything but a wargames setting for some reason - it just goes wrong!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous brushwork on those, and a great entry.

    I do love the new footsore figures, yet to paint mine though.

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, your stuff on the LAF forum is very much an inspiration

      Delete
  4. “ Never mind, I'll just have to buy more…”
    This seems to be a common theme around these parts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous painting there! You‘ve done a magnificent job on the white cloaks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great glazing on the pie, real life like! Ouch, I need to read the text as well..? Great cake by your wife and handsome crusaders by you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice figures and painting!

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work Kerry -- I wonder if the priest is on his way to Osbaldwick! (spoken as someone brought up in the environs)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo on the Warrior monks and a big "Doh!" for your wife's delicious looking cooking as I'm on a fast from 5am to 12pm LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely looking figures, great setting too, it looks like a Medieval Road Trip 😀

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking figures, those Footsore minis are very tempting. And congratulations on bagging another Squirrel point.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work on the templars and holy men. The pie looks excellent too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone for the encouragement, I'm now working on Pointy Sticks - I think

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the figures Kerry, but that put looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking bunch of militant clergy!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete