Sunday 3 April 2022

From GaryA: the final muster - not much to show, but at least I remembered this year.

 

So that's it for another year. Well, it's only my second, but you know what I mean. Despite a few real world trials and tribulations, everyone seems to have done splendidly although there were times when I'd bet my grannie's false teeth I would drop short.

Blogger has been a pain. Occasionally it'd let me comment, but, more often than not, it kept throwing me out. I'll have to look into that.

I really enjoyed reading the posts on the blog and the figures which were submitted and there was such a lot to admire – and not just from the master painters. I've rediscovered the satisfaction of painting figures and for that I thank you. I'd also like to thank the people who set up and managed the  Challenge. How you coped with all that and still managed to make your own submissions is a credit to you (or maybe you just haven't got enough to do . . .  .).

I've uploaded my challenge stuff (which I forgot to do last year), but only a recent photograph of my alter ego. Tested positive for Covid yesterday and I've got eyes like Dracula, the Inca Quickstep and I'm even less of a pretty sight than usual. 

Anyway, on with the (fashionably out of focus) piccies:

 





 

 

16 comments:

  1. That is a fine looking army, Gary! Well done and see you next year!
    The Blogger did the same for me two years ago or so, but now it has been working very well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you in the Challenge again Gary and we'll done on the lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to see you return to the fray, Gary! Impressive work on the ACW project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comments. As my current speed of output is marginally slower than an asthmatic snail, I could well be up to my armpits in ACW this time next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very fine looking collection you have completed. Nicely done Sir! Hope to see you again in the next Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great array Gary, great to see the massed ranks of your output!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one heck of an army! It looks terrific all brought together! I do hope you have a quick recovery from your Covid infection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed watching you paint your ACW collection; that's quite the artillery park!
    I also had troubles posting comments sometimes- I thought it was just me...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Challenge, Gary! I too had problems commenting on the IPad, on the pc it worked fine. See you in next part of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dropping short Gary -who .new knew l some great work this time mind . If your blog comment issue is related to using iPad/iOS system you need to go into Safari settings and switch off cross website tracking - that fixed it for me

    ReplyDelete
  11. great work Gary, all the best pulling through covid (I do like your description though!)

    As for technical issues, my blog kicks me out on safari sometimes, not sure what you are using.

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful work Gary. I hope you're on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get well soon Gary and I do hope to see you again next year!

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
  14. Plague Central speaks! Managed to get on here by adding a comment rather than trying to reply to others. Ah well, it all counts, I suppose.

    Covid schmovid. Other than a cold and feeling a bit rough, that's about it. Thank God for all the jabs. However, with not much to do and time to think, I realised how much I enjoyed the Challenge. So, thanks again for the compliments and good wishes and I'll see you towards the end of the year.

    One last thing: the relative newcomers to the hobby submitted some very nice figures which belied their age or experience. There's never a shortage of impressive work here, but I think the next Challenge is going to see some remarkable submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Splendid work on your ACW force, hope you feel better soon!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great output Gary, see you next year.

    ReplyDelete