Friday 3 March 2023

From TamsinP: An 'Oblin Hobg [1980s] (25 points)

 


This week, I continue my tour of the studios, skipping down the street from Superheroes to the 1980s. For this studio, I've dug out another old 1980s Citadel figure, this time a Hobgoblin.





Some of the details on this one weren't easy to pick out until some paint and a wash was on. Usually the wrong ones, which meant having to repaint them.


That's it on the submissions for this week. However, I thought I'd post a quick update on my Director's Chair task.



That's the partitions, bulkheads, removable floors and detail inserts finished, plus the aft cap piece of the hull. Over the next few days I'll be working on the exterior and interior of the main hull. Once that's done I'll need to do some decals for it..



For Scoring

1 x 25mm foot @ 5 = 5 points

1 x studio @ 20 = 20 points

Total = 25 points


Friday Minion: Hi again Tamsin, happy friday. Nice work on your venerable Citadel hobgoblin, it looks suitable downcast and grubby. Are you on track to get the giant space-carrot done by challenge end?


19 comments:

  1. Great brushwork Tamsin, and a very cool, old skool figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He be hobblin' and he be gobblin'. Great work on the figure. I am looking forward to seeing your mega build. I think that you and Miles may get adjoining rooms in the Home for the Insanely Megaglomaniacal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Putting the two of us in the same building might be asking for trouble! ;)

      Delete
  3. Never really got the hobgoblin concept, but this one looks great Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always thought of them as tougher orcs. :)

      Delete
  4. What a wonderfully characterful hobgoblin, Tamsin. And is 'pedigree' is impeccable, being such an venerable Citadel model. I particularly like the raw wood shield. Very noice. And then there's that behemoth you're working on...wow. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the final build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! The old school Citadel fantasy figures were great. As for the ship, I should have the painting completed this weekend - just decals to make and apply, plus some cargo, figures and maybe some carried vehicles to paint up to accompany it. :)

      Delete
    2. You know that you may set a new record for sandbagging

      Delete
    3. Depending on how it gets scored, it could take me to double my target, although I had set that rather low - I doubt it will put me in the top 10. :)

      Delete
  5. @Phil - definitely on course to finish painting the ship this weekend, but I've got some extras to paint up to go with it and need to make and apply some decals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice colors on the venerable hobgoblin, Tamsin! Those early sculpts are still something special and you did him very well. The spaceship is churning along really well too! I like the numbering on the engines. I look forward to seeing the final work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just a few more bits of detailing to paint, varnishing and then some decals to make and apply. I could have it done this week, but I want to paint up a few extras to go with it. :)

      Delete
  7. Nice bit of drybrushing on the hobgoblin, can't wait to see the giant carrot finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but the only drybrushing was on the base - everything else done by layering! :)

      Delete
  8. Love the hobgoblin and looking forward to seeing the finished space machine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! You'll have to wait until the final weekend to see the spaceship - lots of extra bits to paint to go with it. :)

      Delete