Friday 26 January 2024

From AlanD - Gallic Cavalry (55 points)

Pompey's army for To the Strongest! continues to grow this week with a unit of Gallic cavalry.

Figures are from Wargames Factory (donated by Paul OG - thanks!) They aren't too bad, although the detail is very soft in places.


Shields are hand painted, which was fun, but did not make me want to paint a whole army of Gauls!

From Millsy: Absolutely wonderful brushwork mate! There's so much to like about these, especially the plaid and the basing but the shields are the real show stopper. I've painted enough checks myself over the years to know how frustrating it can be but the results speak for themselves. Bloody beautiful and worth another point apiece I reckon.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stuff mate - they are lovely! You know the price of me giving you the figs was for you to hand paint the shields on mine, right? Dont worry about it - the Gauls should be fighting for Caesar anyway, not that Pompey upstart :-) Really lovely unit mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, a nice unit and beautiful shields.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous shields! I’m sure that the figure themselves are equally nice but I can’t get my eyes off those sheilds. I salute you sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same, but I wasn't able to write it understandably in English. :)

      Delete
  4. Excellent stuff Alan. I did some of these 2 challenges ago. Have yet to hit the table. The minis are not the best and you have made the very best of the figures. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The painting on the shields does a great job on elevating those figures. I used decals on mine and half of those flaked off they were so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Alan! Fine effort on the shields in particular, as others have noted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've nailed the shields mate, great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really wonderful work Alan -- those shields are top rate, great precision and attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful brushwork Mr. Dearn, wow!

    ReplyDelete