Friday 15 March 2024

From Curt: 10mm Nasty Baddies for Warhammer Fantasy (618 Points)

 

Hi There!

I've been plugging away at these since the start of the Challenge and am sort of glad to see them finally off the desk and in the cabinet. While I was wanting to get a few command stands done I thought it best not to rush things and just post what was ready to go.

The vanguard of my Great Herd.

First up are two herds of Beastmen Gors. As these are supposed to reflect massed formations I've put them on deeper bases than standard. I also popped in a few trees and a burned out cottage to give the bases a bit of variation amongst these horny (ahem, horned) lads.


Supporting the Gor foot are two herds of Centigors. After painting these I thought I had ran out of skirmishing bases, thus the two sizes shown. Of course, I finished these only to find some proper sized bases tucked away in the Dork Shed. *facepalm* Whatever. I'll rebase the offending unit later... 


Next up are two units of Cairn Wraiths. These are a COMPLETE points steal as they were a ridiculously simple paintjob (Contrast 'Aethermatic Blue' on the upper torso and 'Plaguebearer Flesh' below the waist). Nevertheless I like the overall effect and am happy to have a few more of these to cause ghostly mayhem on the tabletop. They'll also give me a nice bump on the Skull-o-Meter(tm).

Finally are two units of Khorne Bloodletters to add to my Daemonic host. What to say: just a passel of nasty, angry, pointy-spikey fellas. Again, a pretty straightforward paint recipe of reds, orange and yellow, but they look the part when all ranked up on their bases.



The points tally on all this is kind of silly, but not so silly that I won't take it and run. :)

The two Beastherds come in at 218 infantry and two Centigor outriders for 224 points total.

The Centigor herds are 28 mounted figures for 84 points.

The Cairn Wraiths are 156 figures for a blushing 156 points.

The Bloodletters are 144 foot for 144 points.

All totalled up = 608 points. Woo.

As to the precious skullz, we have 156 for the wraiths and another 36 decorating various standards. That makes 192 bony noggins in total. This should please Skully McSkullface, bless his cranium.

Thank you Millsy for not only minioning my entries this season, but also for all your wonderful work with the Friday Follies. 

Have a great weekend everyone! Remember that Saturday to midnight Monday is 'Free Fire', so make sure to pop in some more work over the next few days if you can manage it!

Cheers!

Curt

From Millsy: BOOM! What a way to close out your efforts for the year Curt. I've really enjoyed your 10mm fantasy stuff, especially how you turn many of the bases into small dioramas with structures, terrain or other elements (+10 points for that). The Beastherds are probably my favourite mainly because there's a lot of variety in the colours used but even so they all come together so well and look like a proper horde. You're most welcome re the minion duties, it's a priviledge and I've had a great crew to look after... talented, funny, friendly and just a bit weird like me.


21 comments:

  1. Boom indeed! Daymn! Great work on this. Even if some of them are 'easy' points as you say, its still a lot of work to get them together, and to look so good as a group!

    Great final sandbag there.. taking lessons from Ray it seems ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyle. Yeah, they're no Vanessa Kirbys as individuals, but when based-up they can look pretty good.

      I hope to have one more entry at the close, we'll see...

      Delete
  2. Thanks Millsy, much appreciated. Delighted to hear that you had a great Challenge. You had a great Friday crew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. Great work on these 10mm figs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's brilliant, love seeing your 10mm fantasy armies, the massed bases are just superb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff Curt. I don’t look forward to facing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I get it Peter. Who knows, maybe you'll be commanding these sometime in the future.

      Delete
  6. I like the two-tone effect on the wraiths, and the iron on the bloodletters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really nice, I love the look of a tightly packed unit regardless of the genre. Very menacing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bob! Yes, I really like these smaller scales as they better allow a bit more mass.

      Delete
  8. Easy to paint doesn’t take a way from how good they look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom - That makes me feel somewhat better about them. :)

      Delete
  9. What a brilliant bunch, I’m always impressed by how well you base these up to get the most out of the scale, that damaged house is genius. The Beastmen look great with all of the colours for weapons, horns, etc looking really sharp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie! I love doing the basework the most with these 10mm fellas.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful work Dude! What a fantastic - and evil - horde! Congrats on getting this done.

    ReplyDelete