Monday 26 January 2015

AlanD - 15mm German Half Tracks for Battle Group Kursk (50 Points)


As any casual visitors to my blog know, I am a huge fan of the Battle Group rules. Here is some transport for a platoon of Panzergrenadiers in Battle Group Kursk. The vehicles and figures are from PSC, with the exception of the PaK 36 on the platoon commander's vehicle, which is from Battlefront's box of plastic SdkFz 251Ds.




Camo is applied by brush, with lots of thinners and my favourite buff paint to make it look faded and as soft-edged as possible without an airbrush.


As far as points are concerned, the vehicles should give me 24 points. Each half track has a driver and co-driver, whose backs only are visible (8 figures), and there are 13 other figures which are painted pretty thoroughly. Let Curt decide!



9 comments:

  1. Nice work - those PSC vehicles are excellent. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work I will have to consider PSC when I decide I need more half tracks. Great work on the camo I like it better than my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice brushwork Alan. That muted camo is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice set of half-tracks Alan, and just enough for you to regain the lead over me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice transports. Great technique with the non-airbrush airbrushed pattern. Very similar to my own method. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much harder to paint than tanks as you have THE INTERIOR AS WELL. PSC does some nice stuff and these are the nicest 15mm PSC 1/2 tracks I have seen to date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would never guess you did these without the aid of the airbrush

    Ian

    ReplyDelete