Monday 19 January 2015

From ClintB -15mm Apache Indians. (48 Points)

I gad a spare day yesterday so I managed to take some figures from an old project that had stalled and once undercoated managed to get 24 Apache Indians in 15mm finished. They had been on my to do list for about 2 years and the project had stalled so it feels a great relief to have gotten them done boxed up and put away.



When I started  this project I was going to use the "Hey you in the Jail!" rules by Peter Pig, but I may now use "Blackpowder" instead or more likely I will forget the figures and return to them in a year or two from now. The figures are "Freikorp15" figures available from "QRF" in the UK as lets be honest 15mm Wild West figures are not so very popular with 28mm gunfight figures taking the title for this period.



Sometimes the desire to fight colonial wargames means we need exotic adversaries from India, Africa or the Far East. But not all countries travelled to far flung corners of the world' for some  they only had to go out into their back yard! Please forgive the inaccuracy of the chief wearing a feathered headdress as this is not authentic as far as I can see within the Apache nations but is instead a sculptors whim. I have included him for game purposes rather than historical accuracy as it allows me to build a force 3 figures to a base.



I have kept the Peter Pig basing convention of 3 figures to a 30mm x 30mm square base. Due to the filmic nature of the force and terrain, little rocks (little pieces of cork) and static grass have been added to the bases. It just helps to break them up and make them look more like broken ground. After all we have all seen enough films where they hide in rocky out crops and fight the Yankie boys in blue. But then again films are not always historically accurate are they?


From Curt:

Ha! These look great! I've not seen Apaches in 15mm before and I think you've done a bang-up job on them Clint. I love the guy in the headdress - right out of Central Casting - wonderful.


18 comments:

  1. Nice job Clint, its always good to get a stalled project a start again, hopefully they'll not be sitting in a box for a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. I feel some American Colonial wargaming might happen this year.

      Delete
  2. Indians - Zulus.. is there no end to his talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look very nice, Clint! I'll forgive ya for the headress as he looks swish with the warparty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David I know the headdress is wrong but pft sculptors, what can you do?

      Delete
  4. These look great Clint, it's always good to get an old project moving again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter I have very many stalled projects. I "Should" be working on one now..... War od Spanish Succession

      Delete
  5. 15mm Apaches... Great! This is a really fine painting work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juan. 15mm Apaches are a little unusual.

      Delete
  6. Well that's different and left field. Good job on them too

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, just a different take on colonial wargames. Americans did not travel to far flung corners of the world they could and did invade their own country.

      Delete
  7. Never seen 15mm Indians before either. Wonders never cease! Keep em coming Clint...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something novel, interesting thanks!

    ReplyDelete