Tuesday 29 December 2015

From ClintB - 1/300 Arab Tanks (Kuteybh Debabh) (28 Points)

Nope, no NOT "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."Maybe before the end ofte challenge though! Today 14 T55 tanks in Egyptian and United Arab Republic Livery. 2 Tanks as Battalion HQ and 2 Companies each of 6 Tanks. (at least to start with).

The T55 was by no means the best tank of the 6 day war but it was so much better then many of the other Arab tanks many of which were of WW2 vintage mostly in the form of  Soviet JS 3's and T34/85's. (or even Syrian Panzer IV's, which I will not be painting anytime soon.)

There is more to add to the Battalion, and Infantry and Antitank companies will follow at some juncture, probably with an Artillery Battalion a scout company and an Air defense company.


I will be using the Flames of War rules as while they are not the best rules for the period (I Prefer "Challenger II" as my favoured rule set,) they do allow for games to be played easily with little fuss and at the club that is all to the good.

But in this project nothing with more tentacles than it should have. For now though just T55's. I may start a T34/85 or a JS3 company to fight along side, But that is the future and anything could distract me easily!

I should Thank "Big Lee" for leading me into this after I followed his WW2 western Desert 6mm exploits! So thanks Lee.

Now I had best start the Nostalgia entry. And put the little tanks away for a while.

Thanks for looking. All the best Clint





Those are some good lookin' tracks Clint. I especially like the engineering versions spec'ed for minesweeping and bulldozing - very cool. Too bad you can't use your 'Challenger II' rules, but I understand wanting to keep things simple with a mixed crowd.

These 14 Arab AFVs will give you 28 points. 


35 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! I don't know much about the period, but the mix of new and old tanks for it is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Urn. It is an interesting transition period with many out of date vehicles still being used.

      Delete
  2. Curt. Kindly doc me 28 Points there are only 14 T55's. NOT 28.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, but you say, "Today 14 T55 tanks in Egyptian and United Arab Republic Livery. 2 Tanks as Battalion HQ and 2 Companies each of 6 Tanks." That is 28 by my math.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Curt, it is appreciated. I will note the number of models on submission email titles from now on to avoid any confusion. Once more my thanks sir.

      Delete
  3. > But in this project nothing with more tentacles than it should have.
    Disappointing to say the least Clint. Nice paintwork though mate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely you can never have enough tentacles? Nice tanks though Clint.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Milsy. there will be no extra tentacles on my next submission either.

      Thank you Michael, I am sure "You can never have enough tentacles!" would make a great Tee shirt slogan. But in this instance there are none what so ever.

      Delete
  4. Great force you've put to the brushes there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sander, something very different next time.

      Delete
  5. Nice tanks Clint :)

    After all the teasers, I'm quite looking forward to your Cthulhu project ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamsin. I hope any Mythos projects meet your approval my Queen in Yellow!

      Delete
  6. Excellent set of targets there Clint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. They are not targets just yet let me do some Centis first! Then you can call them targets.

      Delete
  7. Clint
    Not a fan of micro armour, but I like these! When do you start doing 1/300 scale camels?
    Cheers, PD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. I think I have no camel at all this challenge. Sorry mate.

      Delete
  8. Nice looking tanks, Clint! With Israeli armor already on the prowl, THEY ARE targets! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. Their Guns will struggle to penetrate a centi's armour (possible but very rare.) But they can penetrate Maglach 2's armour without critical hits.

      Delete
  9. Well done Clint - this project is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg. I will return to it in a week or two. Currently painting fantasy figures.

      Delete
  10. Good stuff, but now I do want to see tanks with tentacles. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IThanks Sean. So sorry there will be no tanks with tentacles from me this challenge. I did do a Chaos Rhino for my nephew this year though and may do another at some point!

      Delete
  11. Good to see more of your 6mm project, looking good

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ian. I will be doing some infantry in a week or two.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. I am working on figures with Tricorns at the moment.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. No need to say it twice idiot, good work old boy!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Fran. Yes ray created an echo. And while I do not think these are his cuppa the fact that I heard it twice was twice as nice.

      Delete
  14. Hmmm. Cthuloid tanks, eh? Now THAT would be something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Yog-Sothoth, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!"

      Delete
    2. "...and that's why I went mad!"

      You're not making it easy for me to resist microarmour...

      Delete