Friday 2 March 2018

From DaveX: Some Winter Terrain and a Base for my Trees (50 Points)

Its been a busy couple of weeks for me however I have managed to get a fair bit of Hobby done, especially for the next bonus round but you will have to wait and see that.

I have been meaning to get more of my winter stuff done for Frostgrave plus WW2.  I had the Warlord Games ruined Hamlet Set that came with the Band of Brothers starter box set.  I thought it would be ideal for Frostgrave plus somewhere in either Eastern or Western Europe.

I used a variety of winter weathering products on it.  Citadel technical paint, Wilder Snow Effects and Woodlands scenics snow flock.  They produce a very nice result.





These are about 8 inches by 5 inches each so I am not sure what that converts to points, (sorry Curt!) I am guessing around 20 points each based on the 6 inch cube guideline but as the ruins are small maybe 15 points?

Next up is a stand for some trees.  Sick and tired of my trees being knocked over,  and wanting to create a terrain feature that can block line of sight, I grabbed some left over plasticard and cut out a rough shape.  I designed and 3D printed some circlets about 61mm in diameter to fit my 60mm diameter trees.  I probably need to adjust this to 62mm as once painted and flocked its a tight squeeze.  The trees can be replaced by team weapons that I use the same bases for and looks pretty sweet.





A PAK 26 Looks rather nice
This tree base is about 6 inches across on all angles extremities so again I am not sure of points. Maybe only 10 points as it does not fill a whole 6 inch cube.

Till next time...
Dave X

____________________________________

Ah, some more excellent terrain for us to enjoy, wonderful work Dave! I've seen several renditions of this Warlord building set and am now convinced that I need to get one for myself. I really like your inclusion of tufts with the patchy snowfall as it lends a very natural look to the scene. Also, well done on using the 3D printer to make rings for your tree base. It looks great and I like how it harmonizes with the base of your PAK gun. Ace!

Your estimate on scoring seems sensible to me, so let's go with 50 points for the lot. Again, great work Dave!
____________________________________



7 comments:

  1. That picture with the PACK is absolutely stunning! What a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hamlet, great idea for the inserts, the pak looks ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice terrain, Dave, especially that ruined house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one! I’m sure the platoon commander will reposition the PaK six inches to one side...

    ReplyDelete