Tuesday 22 January 2019

From AlexS - Tatar cavalry (240 points)

Hello to all! My name is Alex, I'm from Russia and I started a new project. After all, I finished two old projects thanks to this event. My new project is the army of the Moscow kingdom in the first half of the 17th century. My friend and I, who are gathering the army of Sweden for this period, are going to play "For the King and Parliament" by the wonderful rules of Simon Miller.


I have already made a few European mercenaries for this period, but the cavalry was an important component of the Russian army at that moment. Among them is the Tatar cavalry. And I made it from the sets from the Gripping Beast and the FireFoge Games. Simon has not yet released an addendum to the rules that allow the Thirty Years War to be played, but we decided that the Tatar cavalry would have some of the characteristics of the Scottish cavalry. Only they will have bows ...


As primary colors, I used early shades of green and brown. It gave a very interesting overall look.


I used the base size of 180x80 millimeters. I usually located on a 24+ foot base model or a 12 horse, but I decided to use the 8 models. It seemed to me that such an amount would add drama to the detachment and show that this is not regular cavalry.


I also used different weapons to make the squad look even more interesting.


General view: horse "lava" attacks. Maybe I will paint more troops for this game during the event. Or close another big project. I can not say for sure.


Points:
28 mm 24 cav - 24x10=240 points



Great looking cavalry unit Alex. They certainly look like a wild bunch and I like the fact that you have been able to add some variety by swapping weapons. The colours also look spot on making this a very nice looking unit. That's another 240 points to add to your total. 
Lee

18 comments:

  1. Great looking Tartars! Do Gripping beast do Tartars too? Nice colour range,they look very dynamic!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Alex! They look very much the part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work again Alex - you are so methodical when you start a project, I half expect to see you saying you finished it in the same post :)

    I think your look for the more irregular cavalry is excellent - they certainly look the part, almost like they are swirling around. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tartar cavalry, tartan cavalry; I can see where this came from. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look terrific, Alex. Your basing scheme really reinforces their irregular nature. FKaK is a great set of rules so I think you'll have some good fun with these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fearsome cavalry unit! Excellent paint work Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant work, Alex, these wild riders are a treat. Well-chosen sculpts too, very dynamic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant entry Alex. they look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely looking cavalry and I really like your palette. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely muted tones here Alex.

    ReplyDelete