Tuesday 22 January 2019

From PeterA - Faramir (5 Points)

This was going to be my entry for the Sport Bonus Theme, but a generally disastrous week of traffic jams (plus celebrating Munster's qualification for the QF of the European Rugby Champions' Cup for a record 18th time!) put a sizeable dent in my plans and so I did not get him finished until Sunday night. Inspiration came from this passage in The Return of the King:

"[Gandalf] fell silent and sighed. 'Well, no need to brood on what tomorrow may bring. For one thing, tomorrow will be certain to bring worse than today, for many days to come. And there is nothing that I can do to help it. The board is set, and the pieces are moving. One piece that I greatly desire to find is Faramir, now the heir of Denethor. I do not think he is in the City; but I have no time to gather news. I must go, Pippin. I must go to this lords' council and learn what I can. But the enemy has the move, and he is about to open his full game. And pawns are likely to see as much of it as any, Peregrin son of Paladin, soldier of Gondor. Sharpen your blade!"








Excellent entry mate. We all weeks like that and sometimes it's not worth the stress of self-imposing another deadline. Relax, kick back, have a beer (if you like that), and leave the worry for another day. That being said you've done an excellent job on this little fella. I like the fact you have picked out the design on the quiver, I expect that's a detail that may often get overlooked. 
A single 28mm figure will only net 5 points but its a step forward and that's what counts. 
Lee

30 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Martin - I am quite pleased with how he turned out but trying to do the silver tree did my head in!

      Delete
  2. It's only 5 points but it's a great 5 points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice figure. A favourite character from the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter - he is a favourite of mine too, and I really liked how he and the Rangers were portrayed in the movies

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, another great LOTR casting, excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg - like you I am a fan of these early metal casts; they are lovely minis

      Delete
  5. Really nice LOTR figure,hes great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work on this heroic character, well done Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice- I'm tempted to get one of these, but then I'd have to get a band of rangers to go with him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks - if I were you I'd give in to temptation. Resistance is futile...and virtue is over-rated anyway! Plus, for my money the Rangers are some of the best GW LoTR plastics, even if they are a bit heftier than the early metal casts

      Delete
  8. 5 points is 5 points! Nice work Peter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - and better than nothing. Thank you very much!

      Delete