Wednesday 30 January 2019

From TeemuL: High Elf (5 points)

Being busy with this and that and preparing for the next bonus round has kept me busy. Thus only one painted miniature this week... Better than nothing.


A single Warhammer Fantasy Battle Elf from ages past. I tried to mimic my 20 year old paintings and I managed it quite well (see bottom picture). I remember these elfs were pain to paint, but it wasn't that hard now. I still have the same level, but I get there faster. :) I added some washes and sand on the base, because with minimal amount of work it just looks so much better.


Idea behind painting this single warrior was to be able to field a minimum size unit of Warhammer 5th ed, if I ever happen to play that again. This bit better painted individual can even serve as champion of the unit with his shiny blue armor. I don't have enough elfs to build army of them, but they could join Empire or Dwarfs as (untrustworthy) allies.


That's all, one 28mm miniature painted for 5 points and one new Squirrel door opened.
_____________________________________________________________

Ah, the dreaded Bonus Rounds, the all-consuming monsters of the Challenge... I sympathise with your predicament, Teemu, I've had to put a few things on the back burner myself!

I do like the Goblin Green colour scheme on the base, very old school - it's a nice callback to the good old days! 

Looking forward to seeing your work on the Bonus Theme. Five points for this champion!

Ev

12 comments:

  1. Nice work Teemu, and he's a good match to the rest of the unit. Squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work and well matched to your 20years younger self!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those from the old Warhammer Fantasy box set, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Looks good. Could be useful in Dragon Rampant or Kings of War Vanguard. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! I forgot to apologize the bit dark pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cracking work on these old school models, Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One less in the pile! Excellent work, Teemu!
    I find I have to finish all the regiment or squad as its so hard to get them to match. Yours blends in just fine with his companions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those red spears are very '90s!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very old school, lovely job!

    ReplyDelete