Tuesday 12 March 2019

Form ArthurS - Archer Battlemech (20 points)

Hoi,

Arthur decided to try and gain 100 points this year, will it work out? Let's find out shall we? For some time the lad has been eyeing my collection of Battlemechs in the showcase, he's been asking questions and looking at pictures and books. Painting the mechs (even the cheap plastic ones) is a bit too fidly and I wanted him to have a positive result so when I found a big Robotech "Archer" mech I gave it to him to try out.





It's a plastic model kit which I bought to go along with my 25mm Battletroop figures but it is the wrong scale so I never painted it.

 In the middle of the picture is the figure he has painted,
to the left is a true Battletech Archer mech in 1:285 scale
and to the right a 28mm Imperial Guardsmen.

Arthur tried to paint on some hazard stripes (hence the yellow spots on the base) and has had a lot of fun coming up with the red and green scheme.

So with this 54mm-ish figure he should be getting another 10 points.

Cheers Sander and Arthur



Very nice Mech Arthur, I think you should be very happy with that. I like the colour scheme, in some ways, it looks like a modern camo scheme. The SAS famously employed a rosy pink colour on their Jeeps as it worked well in dawn raids...maybe this Mech is geared up for a dawn attack too? 

So points... I can see why your dad scored it as a 54mm infantry figure, but really its a vehicle. Looking at the comparison figures in the last photo (and given that the 'scale'of this model isn't clear) I'm going to class it as a 28mm Vehicle and award 20 points.
Lee

17 comments:

  1. Nice looking battlemech Arthur! Great work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colours and painting Arthur :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Arthur! I like the disruptive camo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arthur, I really really like these. The colours are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Arthur! Great use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Arthur! You clearly have an eye for smashing colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lee: thanks heaps for the points thingy: the lad has now gone well and true over the 100 points he's set himself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An awesome looking Mech. Well done and congratulations on beating your target.

    ReplyDelete