Tuesday 12 March 2019

JamesM: 15mm Ward LaFrance Wrecker (9 points)

Hi folks,

Yet another wrecker truck for my collection completed during this challenge, this time a much larger vehicle in the form of a American Lend Lease Ward LaFrance Wrecker, which is shown here in British service. This one is decalled up to be from the 'Light' Aid Detachment of 33 Armoured Brigade.




The model is, I think, an MMM Models 15mm resin kit. It was an eBay purchase and had a lot of damage which was repaired with the use of plasticard. There are still a few bubbles and missing bits, but it will do!

It's also a pretty massive bit of kit, being longer than a Sherman tank - the base it's on is actually a longer than standard 'FoW Large' size. The model didn't come with any crew figures, so I've just left it driverless for want of any specific figure and the cabin being a tight squeeze.

A single 15mm vehicle = 8 points.



A very interesting vehicle. I've not seen one of these before so I had a look at my reference books but then I realised I had seen one, in the flesh so-to-speak, at a military vehicle rally several years ago. I feel your pain though at a less than satisfactory model bought from ebay. I've had a few purchases like that myself. Having said that I think you've done a good job of bringing it up to spec so I'm going to throw in another point for the 'conversion' work you have done. 
Lee 

9 comments: