Saturday 28 December 2019

From ScottM: Landing at Sander's Sand Dunes (120 Points)

My first landing on Challenge Island will be at Sander's Sand Dunes. And what does any foreign land need: ANTS! Giant red ones!







These figs are all metal except for the two large ones, which were resin. I picked these figs up from the Crooked Dice Games 7TV Apocalypse Kickstarter. Nice simple figs to paint. So one location checked off.




In addition I've painted up a box of Imperial Death Troopers from Fantasy Flight's Star Wars Legion game.





Relatively simple figs to paint as they're all black. The trick was not to paint them completely black as the details would be harder to make out.

So that should be:
12 x 28mm foot figs (ants) = 60 + 30 (for the location)
6 x 28mm death troopers = 30
For a total of 120 points


______________________________________

Gosh, those red ants look like they's leave some nasty ouchies for sure. I like how the red accentuates their chitinous bodies, especially the biguns. Shudders. And speaking of nasty things in armoured shells, those Death Troopers look the business. Black is always a little tricky to pull off but you've done it admirably here. 

Great work Scott!

-Curt

11 comments:

  1. Very well done! Those ants are ace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like those ants, I've been very tempted to pick some up and this doesn't help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ants just ooze Space Captain Smith's "Gertie!" Great Antry mate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ants look great, Scott :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I’m glad that I saw those ants at breakfast and not just before bedtime! Nice work Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking ants and imperial types!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the ants. That red really works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giant ants, what could be better

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work, I like the Imperials.

    ReplyDelete