Saturday 28 December 2019

From MattK: More Necromunda, Cawdor Gang (50 Points)

As mentioned in my last post, I want to put this game on the table this Winter and I was on a roll with the last gang. I actually painted the first test figure for this group right after finishing the Delaque but I figured I'd post them all at once.


So this is ten figures, the new plastics, built by the instructions same as last time. I actually bought these the day the week they were released. I love the aesthetic with the candles and nooses. I bought them under the pretense that they'd look cool in a case even if I never played. I got them all built that night and then looked into what book I'd need to play it. At the time to play in a campaign I think I was told I'd need something like 3 or 4 different books to have all the rules for the gang so they went back on the to-do shelf and gathered dust until Dark Uprising and the Gangs of the Underhive book came out.

In particular I think these are my favorite figures of the bunch, the one on the left was the test figure.


Though I also have a soft spot for the gaudy leader type


I think they came out just a little dark, they look a little better in person. My photography skills are in definite need of improvement but overall I'm pretty happy with how these turned out and for me, the challenge is all about turning the lead pile into playable games.

 
I have a few other gangs for Necromunda but I think I'll get a test game or two in before I break the shrink on those. There are a few more models for this gang though (bomb rats) that I'll post as soon as I can find some bases for them. For now though, that's enough figures to get a game going, so its on to the next project for now.

10 28mm figures again for 50 points

_________________________________

Matt, you're on fire with these Necromunda gangers - excellent stuff. Cawdor is another great looking gang, with lots of gritty models. This being said, I think your use of blue as a contrast colour gives an interesting counterpoint to the otherwise earth(grease)tone of the models. I think my favourite one of the lot is the chap with the combination boat hook / blunderbuss. Easy to learn, hard to master?

Great work Matt. Which is the next gang coming up?

-Curt

13 comments:

  1. From what I can see on the pictures those Gangers look spot on! A little more lighting would definitely improve the viewing experience though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GW having a game where you need four books to use one force? Not a huge surprise ;)

    Very nice grimy job on these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool gang Matt, you got the blue spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Matt. Funny every time I read Cawdor I think of MacBeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about asking which one was the Thane ;)

      Delete
  5. They look like some nice work, but the lighting makes it a little hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great looking gang, they look super,nice blue contrast colour!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new Necromunda minis are awesome, and it looks like you've done them proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. I'm working on the lighting. I received a small light box as a gift am trying to figure out how to set it up this week. Thanks for bearing with me on it.
    I mentioned in the post I'm wanting to try the game before I crack the shrink but the truth is I've gone ahead and purchased the last of the gangs I didn't have and I think I'll probably keep painting on these because its been so much fun. (A christmas gift to myself of the newish Zone Raiders rules means the models will see the table one way or another)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like these new Cawdor.

    ReplyDelete