Monday 6 January 2020

From RayR: Challenge Island - Docherty's Dock (40 Points)

At last! I've finally got something painted!!!

I've had a bit of a nightmare, like other Challengers I had grand plans of what I was going to paint
over the Christmas break, then on Boxing Day, I went and did my back in! No, I wasn't at the gym, or swimming, or doing gardening or even DIY.  It's all Postie's fault, the git had the audacity to knock on my front door!
In the act of getting out of the chair to answer the door, my back decided it'd had enough for the day
and seized up. By the evening I was in agony, next day Diazipam and Tramadol ended my Christmas totally. For the next week I sat in the chair dribbling!! So painting was well out the window!

Well now I'm back! Although the said back is still not all that clever to be honest. But I can at least sit at the desk, paintbrush in hand! Phew!


My first entry sees me attack Challenge Island, I'm starting on the Path of the Forgotten at Docherty's Dock. I have seen this figure already painted up, but can't remember who entered it. The figure is from Black Tree Designs and will be added to my Donnybrook Moor army.


It's was a fairly simple paint job, and I'm pleased with how Mr Moor and his camel Dave turned out!


I'm more pleased with my newly made grass tutfs! I was bought the tuft machine the Xmas before last, then a month before the Challenge I made up a few sheets, it's a bit messy but well wort the effort!

As for points a work it out to be 10 points for the figures, plus 30 points for the Challenge Island entry.


***
Hello Ray! I must confess, I assumed sitting in the chair dribbling was something of a default state of existence for you which interfered in no way with your painting output. 

That said, we are all relieved to hear that things are well enough for you to get on with your painting for yet another Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge! It looks as though "Dave" is sufficiently burdened with goods that I can only assume have been smuggled.  Very nice - and your home made tufts (there is a machine for that?) are lovely. 

40 points for you - we await more...

GregB

17 comments:

  1. Lovely camels. Sorry to hear about your back - back pain sucks. I hope you are feeling better enough to paint lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Well now I'm back"...from outer space? I always knew that you were secretly a SciFi fan ;)

    Nice camel and handler, Ray :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice camel Ray. Bummer about your back. If you can injure yourself standing up, then you’re getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're back in the fray, Ray. Nice camel. (My advice: avoid standing - or indeed any activity that doesn't involve a paintbrush - wherever possible!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice camel, rubbish about your back! For some reason I have this image of you singing "I will survive "!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine looking camel entry Ray and that must have been one deep chair!:-) Glad your feeling better.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, welcome back Ray!

    Hmm, I wonder if that camel is carrying sandbags? Nonetheless, your beast and handler look terrific.

    Sorry to hear about your back. I heartily recommend visiting a chiropractor instead of using pills. They are a godsend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to see my osteopath twice since Chairgate thanks Curt. Feeling a hell of a lit better than I have! And yes I'm sure there was a sandbag or two on the camel?

      Delete
  8. Sweet camel there Ray ..!

    Hope you recovery is speedy!

    ReplyDelete