Wednesday 8 January 2020

Iain W Hit the beach and prize giving (85 points)

Finally a first post! Joining just about everyone else at Sanders's Sand dune ,I have painted a  metal 28mm figure from a  little known company called  Games Workshop. He's from a game called Necromudia or something similar and I got him about 20 years ago I guess.  He's a member of the redemtionist gang which seems to mean going around setting fire to things in the name of the emperor.  I was going to use him as a padre for an Imperial guard army that I will be surprised if I ever finish! Still he's painted and is my first sci fi/fantasy figure in about 15 years and was quite fun to do, he's also predominantly red which I understood to be the criteria for this beach and the reason he was chosen!
Next up is a champion of Nurgle riding on his palaquin borne aloft by nurglings, I thought someone might like this as a prize? I came across it in the loft, primed ( in white of course, de rigueur in the 1980s) and although its missing some banners it's a fun characterful piece.







So as to points  5 for a  28mm figure and 30 for painting him red.
5 for a 28mm figure, 25 for him being a prize and then, a 28mm vehicle? Seems excessive, let's call him a mounted figure instead giving us a total of 70.
Next up something eldritch and historical!

All the best Iain

From DaveD, that’s another challenger across the starting line, welcome Ian. That’s a cool piece of work .. so lets make it 85 points

18 comments:

  1. Great to have you back Ian. Nice work on Santa Necromunda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! Yes I couldn't find my pre Rogue Trader GW space Santa, but this chap is the next best thing!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Lovely work - that palanquin rider is an absolute classic - what a model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! Yes it's got a lot of character!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Very nice...I wonder if this "Games Workshop" will manage to make a go of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! I don't know, maybe if they get a slice of the star wars franchise?!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Nice work on these, especially like the Necomunda ganger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fine work on both the Redemptionist and of course the Champion of Nurgle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely old figures, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Barks! Even on him there is something like 5 tiny skulls!
      Best Iain

      Delete