Wednesday 8 January 2020

From PaulSS - Confederate Infantry Regiment - 100 points


This weeks regiment of Confederates are a little more rag-tag than those I posted last week. All the figures are Perry Miniatures plastics from the American Civil War Confederate Infantry 1861-65 set.

With the exception of the command group, all the figures were assembled using the "right shoulder shift" arms, I don't like these as much as the charging arms but it does give a good mix on the battlefield.


 Paint wise, I went for a mix of browns and greys, the greys are from a base coat of either Basalt Grey, Neutral Grey or Luftwaffe Uniform, while the butternuts are from a base-coat of a mix of approx 2/3 Flat Earth and 1/3 German Camo Beige.


The hat-less heads on the drummer and standard bearer come from the Union infantry frame.

Painting output has been rather slower this week, mainly back to work, but I did manage to play three games since Christmas, rather a feat, I usually manage one a month at the moment!


That's it for Confederates for now, I have a box of Union that I plan to make a start on this week.

From DaveD. - more ACW sweetness here . They are another fine addition to your collection. Not toorag tag at all . Excellent. This also puts you almost half way to your target - your going to need to up that at this rate!

26 comments:

  1. Paul these are inspiring! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Confederates, excellent finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Paul, these fellows look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Scrivs, I like these guys a lot. The clothes may be a bit rag tag, but they are clearly a disciplined regiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I note some sloppiness in the variety of interpretations of shoulder arms among these chaps ;)

      Delete
  5. These are really nice and suitable scruffy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that lack of uniformity in the units. Very welll done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those Rebels! Personally I think there's not much more visually interesting to be found on a gaming table as a rag tag bunch of Confederates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look fantastic. The mix of uniforms and colours works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice work indeed, I like the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the irregular look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was aiming for a raggedy bunch with these

      Delete