Saturday 21 March 2020

From EvanH - The Last Post (and a Promise Kept) - (25 points)

Well, Challengers and Challenge Fans this is it; the last post from me for Challenge X.

It's been great fun watching my fellow Challengers make their way up hill and down dale across the varied landscapes of Challenge Island. My own progress has been much more sedate!

Still, although I didn't reach my modest target, I did finish one outstanding item; back in January, I painted a Fertility Goddess, and it was one of my better-received entries for the Challenge. The Goddess paid my fare for a trip in Lady Sarah's Balloon, and Sarah commented that she looked forward to seeing some worshippers. I undertook to deliver!

Well, Sarah, enclosed as per your request; five Wargames Foundry European Bronze Age folk to offer prayer and gifts to the Goddess.





They can, of course, double as local folk in any Bronze Age fantasy world (hint: rhymes with 'Floor Bantha').

Here's a dancing acolyte;



The Clan Matriarch;



An acolyte with offerings;



A member of the congregation;



And a man who has decided that now is the right time to invent a religious hierarchy;


""I've got the biggest hat! Listen to me, everybody!"
And to give them some context, a couple of group shots;






Sarah, I hope they meet your expectations - they were a lot of fun to paint! So that's five figures for five points apiece, 25 points all up.

So until next December, that's all from me bar the obligatory closing post with all my work in one pic. I don't think we'll have too much trouble fitting it all in the frame, somehow...

Thanks to Curt and all the Minions for organising another Challenge. It's been great to catch up with everybody again!

All the best,

Ev
______________________________________________________________


Ahh, this is just fabulous Ev! Great choice of figures and wonderful brushwork. I loved your fertility goddess statue and these acolytes and priest are just the thing that Sarah (another goddess, at least in this household) wanted to see. Tsunami and famine averted, whew!  

It was wonderful having you with us again, Ev. Mark November 20th in your calendar, I want to see you with us for our next adventure. :)

-Curt



20 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect eyes on those figures. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wel thought out set Evan, some great painting and basing allround. Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander, I tried for a consistent basing approach for both the idol and the worshippers. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. Well done, Ev, a good complement for your idol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, though it is a bit light on in the skull department!

      Delete
  4. These are terrific and really fun, Ev.... I personally find that you can't go wrong with genuflecting to a massive bronze fertility Goddess in the morning. Seems totally natural to me, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Good Lady Wife has co-opted the Goddess as a decor item on the lounge room shelf - so she has one worshipper at least!

      Delete
  5. Those are wonderfulEv, just what the goddess ordered. If they sacrifice the guy with the big hat do you think the goddess could do away with COVID 19 and the orange plague?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 🎈🎈 The Goddess now has both offerings and worshippers .... She is all powerful!
    and that Priest ”about to invent a religious hierarchy (No doubt with himself at the centre) will have to be careful ..... Lady Sarah’s Balloon and Airborne Assault Service will be putting an end to that, post haste 🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *tsk* These Sky God worshipping types, always wanting to hijack the Sacred Mysteries!

      Glad you like them!

      Delete
  7. Splendid worshippers and acolytes!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, there will no doubt be a few more down the track!

      Delete