Wednesday 20 January 2021

From Matt K - Entry Fee and More Necromunda (80 pts)

For this year's entry fee I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. For the Entry fee and for the Hall of Traps -


The figure is a Reaper bones figure that I've always wanted to paint. The Mimic. It was a super quick paint job but the sculpt has a decent amount of character to it. I have a ton of bones stuff I've grabbed over the years but this is actually the first on I've put paint to. I have a second one for my own collection so I figured I'd pass this on to one lucky winner. 

I kept the base generic stone grey in case the new owner wants to make it match their dungeon better. 


As you may remember last year, I spent a fair chunk of the challenge working on stuff for Necromunda. I havent painted a single Necromunda figure since last challenge surprisingly and even more strangely, I've only played the one game so far but boy do I love painting the figures. 

Here is a starting gang for Van Saar. Like an idiot I went to order the new figures for this gang along side the book and accidentally ordered a second box of gangers. 


I pulled the actual list from a Goonhammer article but added the shield just because the clear plastic is neat. In keeping with my new goal of finishing two things before buying one, I'm holding out on buying the new stuff until I get another box finished but I'm already about halfway through building the Orlock Gang. 

All told, 1 x 28mm figure 5pts, Hall of Traps 20pts, Entry Fee Bonus 20pts, 7 x 28mm figures 35pts for a total of 80 pts

-------

Very nice Matt -the Mimic figure is full of character, as is anything from GW's Necromunda range.

80 points for your treasure chest!

Cap'n Wednesday

10 comments:

  1. I'm not much for Necromunda, but wow...cool looking gang! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice luggage and cool looking gang!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doctor, my chest is causing is hurting me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool looking gang and that monster chest is just great 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work. I did that mimic earlier this challenge and yours is nicer than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw! It was actually yours that got me inspired to do mine.

      Delete
    2. Glad to have inspired you. It is a nice little sculpt and looks very nasty.

      Delete
  6. The mimic is a delightfully fun model. The gang look fantastic in their blue and grey suits.

    ReplyDelete