Sunday 7 February 2021

From PaulSS: Definitely not these droids (20pts)


Chum Drew has recently bought an Elegoo Mars and when we recently met up for a socially distanced walk he handed me a bag of droids he'd printed off for me to paint up and add to the Star Wars: Legion collection.

These are the first five, there are a similar amount in the backlog that will hopefully get done in time for a future post on the challenge.


There is something about the GNK "Gonk" power droids that I really like, with a Gonk, you'll never be without a charge for your communicator.


I already have a R2-D2 from the "Escape  Pod" set so, this one was done in a predominantly beige and yellow scheme as a generic R2 unit.


Not sure of the designation of this astro-mech, but he's about 2/3 the size of the R2 units.


Usually seen scuttling around star-ships and large facilities, this mouse droid is probably going to find the Batuu terrain of our battlefields a little hard on his tiny wheels.


Finally a C-3PO, I already have one of these too, so this one was done in silver. Unfortunately, when painting the base I managed to knock his left arm off that pinged into the distance and remains unfound.


A doting husband just know the perfect gifts for his wife. Flowers, chocolates, Imperial war machines all help you maintain that special place in their heart.

Although not claiming ant points for this I thought I'd share a couple of pics of the AT-ST that Victoria has painted.


No doubt this will be causing great destruction among my rebels on a battlefield in the near future.

There are more pictures of this beast over on Scrivland.


It's difficult to gauge the points for the five droids, the Legion figures are scored at 7pts each, but I think 20pts for the five of them is fairer as none of them are that big.

29 comments:

  1. Nice collection of litter bins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, I'll not be stuck for somewhere to drop my banana skins

      Delete
  2. These are great droids Paul. If I gamed this system I’d definitely be looking for them. I agree with Martin that there’s a certain office equipment vibe to these, I see a walking Xerox machine and a motorized scanner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I reckon the little one is a fax machine

      Delete
  3. Splendid collection of walking gubbins!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on the droids Paul. I especially like the GNK droid as the colour is great, so hard to do convincing dark grey/black without it looking highlighted with grey, yours is super smooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Byron, I was talking with Drew the other night about highlighting black and I'm sticking to my "glaze of VMC Black grey" method

      Delete
  5. Great collection of moving metal Paul!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always handy to have a smattering of droids in the background of any battlefield in a galaxy far, far away and these look great for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie, we even have a Droid Depot centerpiece for our battlefields.
      https://scrivsland.blogspot.com/2020/09/star-wars-legion-more-pew-pew-pew.html

      Delete
  7. Great work Paul! I have an extradimensional space in my house for all the parts that have 'pinged' off the floor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt.
      I think you are on to something, I know they are certainly not on the carpet so I think they must have crossed dimensions

      Delete
  8. Well done to Victoria!
    She should enter the challenge next year, but definitely,please keep posting her Star Wars figures ❤️🧞‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, I'll see if she can be persuaded, or at least be on my team.

      Delete
  9. Great work on the droids. The AT-ST is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, I have a certain affection for them too

      Delete
  11. great stuff! Not the droids I was looking for....

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  12. These were the droids you were looking for 😉
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete