Sunday 7 February 2021

From ByronM - Cruel Seas box set (80 points)

Today's submission is yet another side project that has been sitting around in a box since I bought it....  Cruel Seas.  I played this one with Curt a few years ago, liked the game, so picked it up.  It then sat in the box.

I pulled it out this week as a break from another project that I am working on, that I am kinda stuck on.  I figured a break from the other project would get something painted and online since it has been a while.

Here are the German S-boats.

Here are the British Vospers, both type 1 and type 2.


Nothing on these was fancy, I just followed the painting guide included in the box, and tried to keep everything clean.  Overall they look ok, but I may weather them a bit, just not sure about how it would look at this scale, as anything done would be way to large to scale, so I just left it for now.  

More on these coming, as I have a few more ships being 3d printed right now.

As for points, I looked back and Curt has been scoring these as the equivalent of 15mm vehicles, so 8 points each x 10 = 80 points.

11 comments:

  1. "It then sat in the box." We should get some t-sirts with that slogan.

    Great work Byron, and congrats on diving in and plowing through a project like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would buy that T-shirt; mine are still sitting in the box :-)
    They look great Bryon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking S boats and mtbs! Maybe weathering a bit much at this scale?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great Byron. I was tempted but Curt bought in big time and I had other naval projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These came out really well, I've been tempted by the lovely Cruel Seas models myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work there Byron! Overcoming inertia can be the hardest part...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bit of Nautical loveliness 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete